MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps

Article about: I am looking for advice on this third pattern transportation tunic, I have some concerns. Thanks in advance

Default Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps

I am looking for advice on this third pattern transportation tunic, I have some concerns.
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps   Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps  

Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps   Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps
    P
    Many

That is a ground up fake, trying to be a type 1 DAK jacket, but in a totally wrong cut. The hugely out of proportion printed collar tabs are the type made for the first Indiana Jones film, but has the eagle upgraded to an embroidered one instead of the printed blue one they used for the film. That fake jacket won't have the detachable buttons all attached with rings. I'll show you an original for comparison. See how huge the tabs on the fake are in comparison and how they got all the pockets wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps   Heer Third Pattern Tropical Tunic / Afrikakorps  

Thank you for the information

Yes, an authentic Indy Jones prop. Although beautified for sale as a prop by sewing the insignia on, whereas the real film versions were on a budget, so they were slapped on with glue only. Full set available at the prop shop here
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-20-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Kind of interesting in its own right, thank you again for the information.

Hello all,

I have checked over various AK shirts but am unable to match any to this one.

I do know the eagle badge on the breast is the wrong one for the shirt but don't know if the shirt itself is a good one or a copy.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Hello,
    First of all, you should have opened a new thread for this shirt. Not a big problem but it can be confusing for our members interested in the opening item.

Concerning your shirt, no the eagle is not the wrong type for this shirt, it's the wrong type for anything Tropen related as it is a fake if i'm not mistaking, the double click helped a bit, a better photo would help more. I'm not sure about the shoulderstraps, i would be surprised if they were what they should be, surprises are sometimes good...my experience of tropical shirts is not very deep, i have only handled 20 of them, but they all had two common points, all buttons on the shirts were of the same type, i mean, not all shirts had the same type of buttons but on each shirt all buttons were the same (not the case here) and all of them had partial chest opening with four buttons (not the case here). I don't know everything so perhaps one of our members can help you more than me...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the information. I will remember next time to open a new thread- should I perhaps open a new thread belatedly?

Regards, marty

That's a bad repro (wrong color, wrong construction), if meant as an army shirt. Here's my original. Note front opening structure and number of buttons, pocket flap button attachment method.

Hello Nick.

Thank you for the information. I see the front with the buttons clearly.

Thank you,

Marty