Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer tropical insignia

Article about: My latest pick ups for my trop cloth insignia collection. Trop tunic funkmeister patch. Trop km cap eagle. Trop tunic red artillery blitz -it is red. Trop coat oberschutze rank patch. Jerry

Default Heer tropical insignia

My latest pick ups for my trop cloth insignia collection.

Trop tunic funkmeister patch.
    Trop km cap eagle.
    Trop tunic red artillery blitz -it is red.
    Trop coat oberschutze rank patch.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tropical insignia   Heer tropical insignia  

Heer tropical insignia   Heer tropical insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer tropical insignia
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer tropical insignia

Hello,
    There are nice insignia. Thanks for sharing them.
    Very nice tropical Oberschutze rank insignia made of wool.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    There are nice insignia. Thanks for sharing them.
    Very nice tropical Oberschutze rank insignia made of wool.
    Thanks
    Thanks JPhilip

Here is the rest of my small trop cloth collection.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tropical insignia   Heer tropical insignia  

Heer tropical insignia   Heer tropical insignia  

Jerry, lovely stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the KM one a repro? I ask due to the thread line above the eagle on the back and the uneven line around the bottom of the wings??
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer tropical insignia 

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Jerry, lovely stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the KM one a repro? I ask due to the thread line above the eagle on the back and the uneven line around the bottom of the wings??
    Tom
    Hi Tom,
    Before I bought this I said the same thing about an identical one on the collectors guild. Peter at the Guild sent the eagle to the two people whose opinions on such items are the top two that I know of. Initialy one was, like me, certain it was a copy, but the other guy provided evidence to show that these particular eagles, with a few other distinct features that they possess as well as the weave above the fold line and below the wings are a period French made variation and I have since had confirmation from another very knowledgeable collector that these are good.

This does make it harder to be certain about some eagles, but these features are only found on some real km eagles, so if you see them on Heer eagles, they are fakes/copies and they have to be in combination with the other 'special' features, one of which is the manner in which the lower edge is finished. I have to be honest, I dont fully understand some of the arguments involved, but another good feature is the indent at the lower edge of the wings where they join the body.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tropical insignia  

Funny how the same pointers to this being fake are now considered as evidence of it being authentic. Very confusing I'm sure.
    Tom

Funny how the same pointers to this being fake are now considered as evidence of it being authentic. Very confusing I'm sure.
    Tom
    Tom, they are not being used to show its real, they are being allowed for, only when other features are also present, such as the indented lower wing and the unusual edge finishing. Without the other features also being present, an eagle would still be a fake/copy.

I agree this makes things a bit more complicated, but the easy answer is dont buy an eagle with the dodgy features.

Jerry

And just when I thought I was getting the hang of things.
    Have you seen any other eagles apart from the KM one with the same features you mention or does this "new" info only pertain to KM badges, or tropical KM badges?
    Would be great if you could furnish us with the relevant evidence you received from the esteemed collector who convinced you of this being real. I'm not disproving the facts as you state them, but evidence would be nice.
    Tom

And just when I thought I was getting the hang of things.
    Have you seen any other eagles apart from the KM one with the same features you mention or does this "new" info only pertain to KM badges, or tropical KM badges?
    Would be great if you could furnish us with the relevant evidence you received from the esteemed collector who convinced you of this being real. I'm not disproving the facts as you state them, but evidence would be nice.
    Tom
    Tom, I asked all the same questions that you are, and had much the same feelings about this as you.

On p.173 of the Kurtz Afrikakorps book is a French made KM trop cap with the same eagle on it, I also found another on the web-I dont have the image but I can try to find it again if you want- and I have attached some pics from the most advanced 'bevo' eagle collector that I know of, from his own long established collection-sorry they are not the best, but you can see they all have the indented wing as well as the dodgy features and all are French made originals.

As I said before, these are not that common, except the KM trop cap eagle, so its probably easier just to say no.

Jerry

Here are two more images showing this type of eagle on caps. Sorry the first image is a bit poor -French made Cap, IMO-, but you can see the indented wing, whilst the second image, the eagle could have been attached anytime, but again you can see the indented wing.

And for reference, here is the same type of eagle with the matching cockade.

Jerry

Heer tropical insignia  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast