Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.

Article about: No stamps inside.

Default Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.

No stamps inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.   Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.  

Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.   Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.  

Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.   Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.

Mate,

I think the material is ok, I have a rig in this material (the third photo shows the pattern best) that is also a tailor/field made item. I would wait for the experts though.

Jock

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The material this tunic is made from is known as Grunmeliert.

The addition of the badge cloth cuffs make the tunic rather odd.

Is there any evidence of it ever having a breast eagle? Or evidence of any insignia on the sleeve?

Police tunics can be found in this material.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Weird tunic !
    The wear of the collar and cuffs don't match. IMO it is a postwar attempt to modify this tunic in something it is not.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this tunic was an old pattern meant for some sort of rural Polizei or early forestry, hence the unusual dark green cuffs...(just a guess)
    Are the front closure buttons removable ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The material this tunic is made from is known as Grunmeliert.

The addition of the badge cloth cuffs make the tunic rather odd.

Is there any evidence of it ever having a breast eagle? Or evidence of any insignia on the sleeve?

Police tunics can be found in this material.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

The rig I have is police so that ties in.

Jock

I am thinking Police more and more....

Cheers, Ade.

Hello.Thanks for help guys.I am very grateful.There are not any evidence of it ever having a breast eagle or any insignia.More pictures(buttons,sleeve).Enyway strangely enough.Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.   Heer uniform?Any ideas on this one?Thanks for any help.  

Thanks for the extra pics. The buttons have all been replaced at some point. Not unknown of course on an original wartime item, but it could also be signs of it being made into something it is not, by replacing postwar buttons.

Cheers, Ade.

Dieter
    ?

Hello
    The collar insignia looks to be army (due to the white), but the green collar and cuffs seem to be medical? The uniform might very well be poltzei. Someone could have sewed on the insignia after the war not knowing what they were doing. But the white borders on the shoulders and running along the collar are definately infantrie. Who knows?