Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!

Article about: Hello All, Attached are shoulder boards for Third Reich personnel attached to Heereswaffenmeisterschules (17 in total with the one at Treptow, Berlin being the training grounds for the Waffe

Luther
    ?

Default Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!

Hello All,

Attached are shoulder boards for Third Reich personnel attached to Heereswaffenmeisterschules (17 in total with the one at Treptow, Berlin being the training grounds for the Waffenamt program).

These shoulder boards are a rarely seen item. So much so that some have no idea what they are.

Officers were to use a gold WS cypher while NCOs/Other Ranks were to use a silver WS cypher.

Prior to this, I've never seen an embroidered WS shoulder board. They appear legitimate to me...in other words, I don't think these shoulder boards are fake.

I think anything associated with the waffenmeisterschules is very interesting. These items are rare...and when you do find them they're generally expensive, but sometimes you can get a really great deal because the Seller has no idea of what they have. Despite this, however, I think most collectors view waffenmeisterschule items as a curiosity rather than a solid investment.

Really RARE, but few people really care...shame as the waffenmeisterschules were extremely important to the rearmament of Germany...and the one at Treptow is historically extremely significant - not only for the Waffenamt technical training, but also its post-assination role in Valkyrie. Most importantly, much of the early, significant rearmaments programs were directed out of WS-Treptow.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE! 

2. # ADS

Luther
    ?

Default Gold Officers' Should Board Cyphers and NCO/Other Ranks' Silver Cyphers

Hello All,

Attached are photos of the Heerswaffenmeisterschule officers' gold cyphers and NCO/other ranks' silver cyphers for shoulder boards.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE! 

Default Re: Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!

Thanks for showing these. Super items which most people would not really be aware of.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!

Hello,
    great shoulderstraps...
    Early pointed ones are very nice..
    May i ask a question: are the gold ones also meant for the Heereswaffenmeisterschule ?
    In fact i can see MS, not WS.
    (MS : Schule für Heeresmotoriesierung)
    or am i wrong ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Luther
    ?

Default MS = Heeresmotoriesierung

Hello JPhilip,

You are correct.

MS = Heeresmotoriesierung

Motor transport (Heeres-Motorisierung) is handled by a separate staff section, sometimes called Section V or referred to as the Corps Area Motor Transport Officer (Wehrkreiskraftfahroffizier). It deals with the issue of licenses for military drivers and vehicles; allocation and distribution of military vehicles, tires, equipment, gasoline, and oil; traffic control; and the supply of vehicles.

What I've been told is that the gold MS cyphers is/can also be applied to the Heereswaffenmeisterschule shoulder boards.

I have not researched the above statement...so it could be incorrect.

Come on...share more of your knowledge regarding the "early pointed ones."

Do you have any dates of issue/discontinuance?

Any additional info?

Like I said...and you seem like you already know it...RARE, RARE, RARE! I think this accounts, in part, for the virtually non-existant information on these shoulder boards...so please share what you know with us.

Very Best Regards

Hello there,

So this is one?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heereswaffenmeisterschule Shoulder Boards - Nifty, Cool, Rad - and RARE, RARE, RARE!  

those are some awesome boards.

i'd love to be able to see them a little closer. are they chain-stitched or what?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.