Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with german army insignia part 05

Article about: I recently came into possession a number of Nazi militaria and other items. Among those items was this patch. Could you tell me what this patch was for? Who would have worn it? Why? Is it au

Default Help with german army insignia part 05

Hi,

I recently came into possession a number of Nazi militaria and other items. They were in my grandfather-in-law's possession and they were passed onto us after he passed away. Among those items was this patch. Could you tell me what this patch was for? Who would have worn it? Why? Is it authentic?

If anyone could help identify this patch, it would be much appreciated and I'll be happy to update the title of this thread with the correct information for future reference purposes!

Thank you!

Michael

Help with german army insignia part 05

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with german army insignia part 05
    P
    Many

Why on earth did you buy so much militaria without even bothering doing any research yourself... and then dumping it on here for someone to do it for you? Sorry if I sound rude, but I think you have a bit of a nerve to be honest.

I am sorry, my wife's grandfather had it in his possession and passed away a couple of years ago. That's how it came into our possession. I didn't purchase it. I am just interested in the historical aspect of it. I apologize if my posts came off cold.

As far as the title goes, I honestly don't know what else to call them.

Feel free to delete the posts, but I was asked in a previous thread to separate them out. Given I don't know much about anything I have coming to a great forum like this has been my research at finding out about this stuff.

Also once I find out what it is, I'd be happy to update the title so as to be searchable for future reference.

Again my apologies.

Others have been so helpful already (especially in regards to the cap and banner I've already posted about). I apologize if I've somehow offended you.

Apologies if the response to your threads comes across as a little harsh. All too frequently, we see people use this forum as a free authentication service without so much as a 'thank you' in return. It has gotten to the point where the majority of members find it grating, and many will either ignore such threads entirely or jump on them like this. It is not meant as an attack on you at all. It is simply the result of a long-running source of irritation.

Personally, as someone who is clearly new to Third Reich militaria, I am glad you have come here to learn more about these things you have acquired. Many will come along and ask the typical 'real or fake?' or 'how much is it worth?' questions. You haven't done that. You are clearly interested in learning more about these items, what their place was in history, how they were used, etc. That is the root and core of our passion as collectors, and I truly hope that we can be of assistance.

If I haven't welcomed you to the forum already, welcome aboard. I hope you stick around for a while, and partake in the fantastic knowledge base we have here. You'll learn more about the items you have come to possess, and more besides.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Apologies if the response to your threads comes across as a little harsh. All too frequently, we see people use this forum as a free authentication service without so much as a 'thank you' in return. It has gotten to the point where the majority of members find it grating, and many will either ignore such threads entirely or jump on them like this. It is not meant as an attack on you at all. It is simply the result of a long-running source of irritation.

Personally, as someone who is clearly new to Third Reich militaria, I am glad you have come here to learn more about these things you have acquired. Many will come along and ask the typical 'real or fake?' or 'how much is it worth?' questions. You haven't done that. You are clearly interested in learning more about these items, what their place was in history, how they were used, etc. That is the root and core of our passion as collectors, and I truly hope that we can be of assistance.

If I haven't welcomed you to the forum already, welcome aboard. I hope you stick around for a while, and partake in the fantastic knowledge base we have here. You'll learn more about the items you have come to possess, and more besides.

Regards, B.B.
    Thank you. I appreciate that. Admittedly, Jb4046 was right in calling me out on the tone of my posts. I've edited them accordingly as I didn't want to come off cold and I am certainly not interested in the value. This stuff is fascinating to me. And as I said earlier, I'd be more than happy to update the title of the post once it I am able to get the answer for further reference purposes. I just didn't know a better way of describing them.

This forum has already been extremely helpful. Thanks!

Regards, B.B.
    Is there a more appropriate way I should title my request threads so as not to offend the community? I have a number of pins (twelve total), I'd be interested in getting opinions on as well. Or is there a website that is best suited for answering these questions? I figured this would be the place to come.

Your humility is a far cry from the 'fake or real/what is it worth' crowd. Meaning no offense toward fellow members, we can be a bit quick to jump to conclusions on occasion. The issue with your titles are that they do not specify what the item contained therein is, making the thread useless to those scrolling through the pages seeking a particular item for reference. It's something that can be amended fairly easily.

To keep to the original purpose of this thread, the item posted is a Heer (Army) Panzer eagle, still on its BeVo backing cloth. Hard to tell whether it's a breast or cap eagle. They left the factory in this condition, in big rolls. The backing cloth was cut away before the eagle was applied to a uniform. I am not an authority as far as authenticity is concerned, but I believe it to be an authentic example. They are more often found on the BeVo cloth, as opposed to being 'uniform-removed'.

B.B.

Looks like a nice stack of Panzer breast eagles to me Just remember if you stick around we are real people and not robots. We like to see please and thank you in posts

(Could you tell me what this patch was for?) - Breast eagle for a uniform
    (Who would have worn it?)- Wehrmacht Panzer (Tanker) Trooper
    (Is it authentic?)- To me yes, looks like a nice unissued Model 40 Panzer Breast Eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with german army insignia part 05  

To keep to the original purpose of this thread, the item posted is a Heer (Army) Panzer eagle, still on its BeVo backing cloth. Hard to tell whether it's a breast or cap eagle. They left the factory in this condition, in big rolls. The backing cloth was cut away before the eagle was applied to a uniform. I am not an authority as far as authenticity is concerned, but I believe it to be an authentic example. They are more often found on the BeVo cloth, as opposed to being 'uniform-removed'.

B.B.
    Correction, the backing was not typically cut away but rather folded or trimmed, to allow the sewing of these to the uniform, or cap, (whichever).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast