Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with German Drill Tunic

Article about: Hey guys, i was just dealing out in a trade and before i continue i would like some opinions on this piece. FOr you that have seen it we are trading my 2nd pattern lufty dagger with the NCO

?

Default Help with German Drill Tunic

Hey guys, i was just dealing out in a trade and before i continue i would like some opinions on this piece. FOr you that have seen it we are trading my 2nd pattern lufty dagger with the NCO scabbard for this drill tunic and maybe some other things also for it.
    THanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with German Drill Tunic   Help with German Drill Tunic  

Help with German Drill Tunic   Help with German Drill Tunic  

Help with German Drill Tunic   Help with German Drill Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with German Drill Tunic
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Help with German Drill Tunic

Hello,

As a drillich tunic it shouldn't have a breast eagle on it!! The chevron is the correct pattern but in my opinion newly sewn on as is the eagle.

Fred

?

Ok thanks, were these used in the field often, also could this also be a field applied chevron and also eagle.
    Just wondering and thanks for your help
    Also the seller said that MG gunners would commonly do this.
    Ryan

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

They could be used in the field but this one looks like somebody added insignia to make a basic later war green drillich tunic into something that it never was. The insignia appears freshly sewn onto the tunic as it is not set in. Just MHO!

Fred

PS. I just noticed the MG gunners remark. The dealer is trying to sell a drillich tunic humped up. Nothing more.

?

Thanks again fred, as it currently sits with all the stuff added around how much do you think its worth>
    Thanks
    Ryan

Hello,
    My advice here would be to ask for more photos taken in daylight, especially showing the inside of this garment.
    Sorry to say but it is not what it is supposed to be...
    Not a prewar drillichrock as it has a front closure with six buttons and flaps to pockets...
    IMO a wartime Drillichrock that had its breast pockets removed, that's why i would like to see additional photos of the inside as both garments do have a totally different inside...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)