Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with this Heer tunic.

Article about: Gentlemen, A friend of mine who wants to start with WWII German militaria has been offered this tunic, Y-straps, belt and pouches. As far as the belt buckle, it seems to be legit, as well as

Default Help with this Heer tunic.

Gentlemen,

A friend of mine who wants to start with WWII German militaria has been offered this tunic, Y-straps, belt and pouches.

As far as the belt buckle, it seems to be legit, as well as the rest of equipment, bar the straps. But I am quite suspicious about the tunic. While I know the germans had HBT drill tunics, I am no expert in the field, but think that somehow this tunic is either postwar or simply a repro.

Sorry, unfortunately no better photos are available (a red flag in my book), but the closeup photo of the belt allows to see some of the features of the tunic.

I would be very grateful in you experts could shed a light as to know if the tunic is original or not.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with this Heer tunic.   Help with this Heer tunic.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with this Heer tunic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with this Heer tunic.

Hola Gus!
    Apart from the fact that,as you've rightly suggested,even when judging a tunic that would look genuine ten miles away detailed pictures would be mandatory,AFAIC this one is as genuine as a three-dollar bill!
    Belt and buckle look good though!
    HTH
    Manny

Hi Gus, as Manny says the belt and buckle appear original, but not the tunic.

Cheers, Ade.

Manny and Ade,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful replies.

I'll go tell my friend to stay away from it.

This set is from a guy in Argentina who says the tunic belonged to his grandfather, who had to flee Germany after the war and took the uniform with him. A bogus story for a bogus uniform.

Thanks again and regards,

Gus
    Last edited by guscanoesp; 11-08-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Manny and Ade,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful replies.

I'll go tell my friend to stay away from it.

This set is from a guy in Argentina who says the tunic belonged to his grandfather, who had to flee Germany after the war and took the uniform with him. A bogus story for a bogus uniform.

Thanks again and regards,

Gus
    You're welcome Gus!
    Usually we say "buy the item,not the story" but in this case the story is simply unbelievable even if the tunic was 20000000% genuine, since the ones that had to flee Germany A) disn't take anything with them that would have linked them to their past (excepting Herr Mengele who,obsessed with his sudy of twins, along with him took the results of his "studies" at Auschwitz-Birkenau),less than less uniforms and B) I seriously doubt that a Heer Private flee Germany to reach Argentina with a bread and butter third model HBT complete of breast chicken,litzen,belt,ammo puches,suspenders and all that jazz!Many NCOs have been charged with murder after the War but they would look like the late Mother Theresa when compared to the ones who really HAD to flee Germany,like Heichmann,Mengele,Schwammberger and Co and sure didn't have the means to leave Europe undisturbed like the Big Guns!
    Tell your buddy to steer clear from that rag and from the guy who tries to sell it along with his bogus story!
    Cheers
    Manny

The field gear looks OK, if a bit worn. But generally it is best to stay away from folks who try to feed you a line of bull on any item. Best thing would be for your friend to check some legitimate dealers. Some dealers are dropping prices on items - it seems there is a bit of a lull in the market now. NH

?

Looks like a Repro tunic from 1944 militaria or At the front to me, I reckon in the close up of the belt that the stitching on the HBT looks a little too modern.

Or worse still one of the tunics from International Military antiques
    My opinion only though!

Neil and qotd,

Thanks for your input and for pinpointing the possible source of the garment.

Regards,

Gus