Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identify

Article about: Hi all, I inherited some of my grandfathers WWII war memorabilia?, lots of maps and guides, watering hole passes/tickets, his medals etc. Also contained in these items were 3 German badges (

1canadianparachutegrandson
    ?

Default Help Identify

Hi all,
    I inherited some of my grandfathers WWII war memorabilia?, lots of maps and guides, watering hole passes/tickets, his medals etc. Also contained in these items were 3 German badges (1 metal and 2 cloth). I've attached photos of the German stuff. Hopefully someone can tell me what they are. Many thanks!
    Help IdentifyHelp IdentifyHelp Identify

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help Identify

Hi and welcome.

The metal badge is probably for the police, though not my area, so sorry if I am wrong. The conjoined cloth badges are cap badges for the RAD (Reichs Arbeit Dienst) national labour service and the other cloth badge is part of a Luftwaffe eagle emblem, probably for the tunic, it depends on the size, but it could be for a cap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Number one is a German Polizei badge(German police), at least I think. Number 2 is RAD cloth insignia( Reichsarbeitsdienst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). The 3rd one is half of a Luftwaffe breast eagle.

EDIT:

We meet again Mr.Bond...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

+1 +1 +1

We'd love for you to make a hint of the other items you inherited (Hint, hint)
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I agree with all that's been said above. No great value attached to any of them unfortunately and the Luftwaffe eagle is basically worthless. Keep the as a reminder of your Grandfather and his service. Do you know where he served? Did he pick these items up?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would love to hear more too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Indeed, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to share these items with us all, and hopefully a little more information will follow, as and when you see fit.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. One must endorse Adrian's comments above, these items should ideally stay in your family.