Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

help with a pair of salty shoulder boards

Article about: i have some rather "basic" questions since these are my first pair. does the number 36 stand for unit or regiment? are these for a Heer Feldwebel? are all Heer shoulder boards that

Hi, Any help.. How would you classify this Pioneer tunic? Summer Weight? Private Purchase? M36, M40?
    JPhilip..Thanks to the Lexicon der Wehrmacht link this Unit was through a lot and all over the place. Invasion of Poland, Invasion of France, Operation Barbarosa under Army Group Centre Smolenske, Enroute to Moscow, Army Group North/Volkhov Front Siege of Leningrad Battle of Velikiye Luki. Stayed mostly on the Eastern Front and Subsequently the Battle of Berlin under LVI Panzer Corps- Battle of the Seelow Heights. Very interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It is a privately purchased/privately tailored lightweight's nice
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks JPhilip... I like it a lot!!
    (I sent you a PM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12