Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with a pair of salty shoulder boards

Article about: i have some rather "basic" questions since these are my first pair. does the number 36 stand for unit or regiment? are these for a Heer Feldwebel? are all Heer shoulder boards that

Default help with a pair of salty shoulder boards

i have some rather "basic" questions since these are my first pair. does the number 36 stand for unit or regiment? are these for a Heer Feldwebel? are all Heer shoulder boards that are black for combat engineers?
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with a pair of salty shoulder boards   help with a pair of salty shoulder boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with a pair of salty shoulder boards
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I have the same basic question. I have a light weight summer German Pioneer Tunic with Pioneer shoulder boards wit "20" on them. Does the 20 stand for 20th Pioneer Regiment? And can anybody disclose any history on this unit? Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Pionier units were identified by a black waffenfarbe, not black shoulderstraps. Black shoulderstraps were meant to Panzertruppen but the Waffenfarbe was pink or golden yellow.
    Here the Waffenfarbe is white, so it's for Infanterie. Are you sure that these shoulderstraps are black and not dark green ?

36 should indentify Infanterieregiment 36.

Infanterieregiment 36 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Obal : IMO 20 is for Pionier Bataillon 20

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Pi-Btl. 20

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi JPhilip!
    Thanks for getting back. I just bought the Pioneer Tunic and will be receiving it soon. I am positive that mine is black waffenfarbe ( the litzen and the shoulder boards ). I will post it when I get it in hand. Thanks for the info on the 20th Pioneer Batl.
    I hope all is well.
    Dave

Nice shoulder boards, not as salty as I expected before I opened this thread. JPhilip said the rest, great teaching

hm, i would say they are dark green, not black.
    thanx for this : )
    Stig
    ps! perhaps i should have used the words well worn?

?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, here's a few photos of my new acquisition of a well worn faded Officers', 20th Pioneer Battalion Tunic showing the Shoulder Boards with the "20" along with the black waffenfarbe and litzen.
    If I may ask, in the bottom hem of the right side of the right side of the tunic is a number sewn into the Tunic. It seams that it is possibly an identifying number, 61-2159 (?) Could this be The soldier's ID number, a Unit number, a laundry number? Any thoughts on this number would be greatly appreciated.

help with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boardshelp with a pair of salty shoulder boards

Possibly a museum inventory number. The "6" looks more like a letter "B" in Russian.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade... Interesting!

Hello,
    This faded colour is nicer than the original grey....thanks to the sun....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast