Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Help with unknown Tunic

Article about: Hi, I recently pick this tunic up cheap at an auction. It was advertised as a WW2 German Tunic. It seems to have some Danish or Swedish markings and was wondering if this is a "good' wa

?

Default Help with unknown Tunic

Hi,
    I recently pick this tunic up cheap at an auction. It was advertised as a WW2 German Tunic. It seems to have some Danish or Swedish markings and was wondering if this is a "good' war time tunic, German, Danish or whatever. I recall threads of similar tunics, and some made into reactor Tunics in the '70's. If at all possible, could I get some input as to some thoughts as to "what this was, and what this is now?" Thanks!

Help with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown TunicHelp with unknown Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with unknown Tunic
    P
    Many

Swedish me thinks ,Cheers Paul

Hello,
    That's not swedish as the swedish stamp includes three crowns, not just one like here.
    In my opinion, it's a norvegian tunic pimped to look like a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1943.
    You can clearly see where it was modified (for a reenactor ??)
    Those shoulderstraps are just...terrible
    By the way, if someone ever find a 1941 dated Feldbluse 1943, please let me know...
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Now you mention it the crown does look the same as the decals on the Norwegian reissue german helmets, cheers Paul

Sweden in origination. These were available in huge surplus - overcoats too. Abandoned long ago as an acceptable replacement for German re-enacting. NH

?

Thanks for your thoughts. I thought it may also be for a re-enactor. It all makes sense... JPhilip, I know you would get a kick out of those "Shoulderstaps"!! Looking forward to getting your new book on German Equipment..
    Thanks to all!!

Norge.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!