Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Göring Division insignia

Article about: Hi folks, OK, a confession up front. I posted this years ago and it was deemed most likely a reproduction. Photos were not that good so here are some new ones. At the risk of wearing out my

Default Hermann Göring Division insignia

Hi folks, OK, a confession up front. I posted this years ago and it was deemed most likely a reproduction. Photos were not that good so here are some new ones. At the risk of wearing out my welcome, I'd like you to take one more look before this gets dumped onto a local auction for $20. The quality of the item is so good I am just not sure if it is a repro piece or not. My apologies for repeating this item but I thought some fresh photos would help nail it down. I will be renewing my membership this month as well to thank you all for your input. Thanks! Neil

Hermann Göring Division insigniaHermann Göring Division insigniaHermann Göring Division insigniaHermann Göring Division insigniaHermann Göring Division insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring Division insignia
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Neil

.. I really don't know anything about these pieces. But, I can offer this information from a reputable dealer. / I hope it works out for yah and this piece is indeed authentic.

GOOD LUCK!

/Dealer information/

BACKGROUND: Cufftitles bearing Göring’s name can be traced back to December 1933 with the introduction of the "L.P.G. General Göring" cufftitle issued to the recently renamed Landes Polizei Gruppe Wecke z.b.V, to Landes Polizei Gruppe General Göring. In September 1935 Landes Polizei Gruppe General Göring was transferred from control of the Police to control of the Luftwaffe and was renamed, Regiment General Göring which resulted in a "General Göring" cufftitle being introduced in March 1936. In May 1942 a final pattern cufftitle bearing Göring’s name was introduced for wear by all ranks of personnel serving with Reinforced Regiment (mot.) Hermann Göring. The first issue of the Hermann Göring cufftitles were rendered in Gothic script that was soon changed to the block letter Latin script. The Hermann Göring cufftitles differentiated rank groups with a machine embroidered version in silver/grey threads for EM/NCO’s with NCO ranks having the addition of Russian braid trim while Officers ranks cufftitles were produced in hand embroidered silver/aluminum wire threads also with Russian braid trim. Of Note: The Reinforced Regiment (mot.) Hermann Göring was upgrade to Brigade status in July 1942 and to Divisional status in October of that year, and personnel retained wear of the Hermann Göring cufftitle to the end of the war.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Full length, final pattern, (circa May 1942-May 1945), deep, navy blue, doeskin wool construction cufftitle with hand embroidered, block letter, Latin script, "Hermann Göring" in silver wire threads. The cufftitle is border at both top and bottom edges in silver/grey Russian braid. The cufftitle has the typical, opened back, construction with the top and bottom edges folded over to the interior and a handstitched, vertical seam to the reverse. The cufftitle has a loosely woven, protective, black fabric backing to the reverse of the embroidered script. Still attached is the original Probe tag. This is the perfect example that would be impossible to upgrade! Rare!!

PRICE $1,995.00

RMD, Thanks. The post you sent is from Collector's Guild and the item doesn't match my example. NH

Saw a few on virtualgrenadier.com Page 3 & page 7 & a couple under "insignia sold". Though none I observed were NCO style as yours, they were all EM...maybe you can notice similarities in construction & materials. There seems to be slight variations in looks...I can't help you more than that
    D.

RMD
    ?

.... Sorry to hear, NH

But, don't give up. Doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad one. Could be a different variant?

Good luck.

RMD
    ?

Another one for comparison.

... Dealers description below.

/Description/

Roughly 35mm tall by 44cm long, later, (circa May 1942-May 1945), final pattern, deep, navy blue wool construction cufftitle with heavy, machine embroidered, block letter, Latin script, "Hermann Göring" in silvery/white rayon threads. The cufftitle has the typical opened back construction with the top and bottom edges folded over and machine stitched to the reverse. The cufftitle has a loosely woven, protective, black fabric backing to the reverse of the embroidered script.

Price: $695.95 USD