Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Göring in WH uniform

Article about: Hi guys, Just browsing a site, where a lot of images of my country during the war could be found and I saw Hermann Göring in WH general uniform. I thought it might be interesting for you so

Default Hermann Göring in WH uniform

Hi guys,
    Just browsing a site, where a lot of images of my country during the war could be found and I saw Hermann Göring in WH general uniform.

I thought it might be interesting for you so i desided to share it

Cheers

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring in WH uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring in WH uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hermann Göring in WH uniform

never seen this one before,interesting.

?

The caption for this photo is translated as 'General Hermann Goering, Marshal Philippe Pétain and N.V.Knyaz Cyril and other officials and guests at the funeral of Serbian King Alexander I of Yugoslavia in 1934'. The Luftwaffe was not officially reformed until early 1935. I notice there are a couple of other Germans in the group - I wonder if they are from the DLV (Deutscher Luftsportverband; German Air Sports Association), a predecessor of the Luftwaffe. I don't know why HG is wearing a Heer uniform, but then he was a man who loved to dress up.

Göring with regularity did wear the army uniform. In about August 1933 he was granted the titel General der Infanterie.
    He also often did wear the uniform for the Deutsche Luftfahrt, as Reichsminister der Luftfahrt in fact the precursor for the
    German airforce. He alo did wear the uniform for the Dt. Luftfahrt when he was Ministerpräsident.