Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How does this Tatigkeitsabzeichen look?

Article about: I am submitting this piece for consideration. Sorry for the link, as it is all I can do right now. Hiscoll Military Antiques | Shop Does this look authentic? I personally think so, but there

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The specialty patches came and went over time. Some were a holdover from the Reichswehr era, some were new, some were eliminated or incorporated into other areas - very confusing. I'm sorry to miss out on a good TS patch but the funds were not there. Glad it went to a good home. Here is a sampling of mine and a basic list I came up with for the TR era. Note that I said "basic" list. Surely there are odd ball items not included. NH

Attachment 1203194

Attachment 1203193
    Thanks for the list Neil! I have 2 others I would like to find to complete this themed group. The farrier Meister with a pip and the RS. So on your list, 09 and 16. I haven't seen either of those online.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How does this Tatigkeitsabzeichen look?
    P
    Many

I have not seen either one myself. Hard to explain since the Wehrmacht had literally millions of horse drawn troops in service through time - up to the end of the war. NH

It should be noted that this is not a patch for the actual Truppensattlermeister, but for soldiers who were Anwärter für die Truppensattlermeisterlaufbahn [candidates for the military saddler career].

The actual Truppensattlermeister were Beamte [officials] in the Technischer Heeresverwaltungsdienst [Technical Army Administration Service] and did not wear this sleeve badge.

It was only worn from the day a soldier was officially appointed as a candidate for this career until the time he was taken over as an official. That helps to explain its scarcity.

^Many thanks for that explanation. It would be appropriate for me to update my list with the term Anwärter. I know braid is used on some insignia or Shulterklappen to denote this status but was not aware of the use of the TS insignia as stated above. NH

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It should be noted that this is not a patch for the actual Truppensattlermeister, but for soldiers who were Anwärter für die Truppensattlermeisterlaufbahn [candidates for the military saddler career].

The actual Truppensattlermeister were Beamte [officials] in the Technischer Heeresverwaltungsdienst [Technical Army Administration Service] and did not wear this sleeve badge.

It was only worn from the day a soldier was officially appointed as a candidate for this career until the time he was taken over as an official. That helps to explain its scarcity.
    Thank you Andreas for your knowledge and help. It will enable me to accurately describe this piece when showing it to others and explaining it to my daughter. We have to keep these things in their original context. It is good that we can learn these things to avoid the "gun show wives tales" as it were.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12