Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer?

Article about: Sorry I posted this same question on another forum but figured I would get the experts on this forum to give their input. How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer and what years? Thank

Default How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer?

Sorry I posted this same question on another forum but figured I would get the experts on this forum to give their input.

How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer and what years? Thanks for the imput.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How often was the HBT uniform worn by the Heer?

Hello,
    It depends what you mean by "HBT"...
    There was the M33 (no breast pocket, waist pockets without flap) Drillichrock that was used for fatigue/work/drill only in the early years, but that started to by used in combat also..the oatmeal version as an early snow camo garment in 1940/41 and the reed green as a summer combat tunic from circa 1941.
    The three later versions copied from the M41, M42 and M43 Feldblusen were used for everything...summer combat, worn over the woolen Feldbluse in autumn, fatigue, work etc....between 1941/42 to the end of the war. Some were even tailored and enhanced to be worn as summer walking-out dress, with dark green collar and prewar insignia...
    There were also HBT uniforms for specialized troops worn as protective garments over the woolen uniform...each with a specific design like double breasted tunics, single breasted tunic with hidden buttons, that were used between 1942/43 to 1945.

The HBT was often worn within the Heer, especially between April and October for the standard version. Tunic and pants were not worn together all the time.
    I hope it answers your question
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)