Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

Article about: Thank you Tempelhof, I thought I got a decent deal comparing them to the others I have purchased. Although this is the first Luftwaffe Tabs in my collection. I do see what you mean by the ce

Tristan
    ?

Default How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

Hello!

Quick question, browsing through and searching the forums I haven't run into many examples of Luftwaffe Collar tabs (Although many complete tunics, etc) I thought it would be quicker to just post some pictures, and ask how easy it is to find these?

*Also, I talked the guy down to $60 for the pair. Good deal? Or average?

(Sorry for the weird angles, I was trying not to get any shadow)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs   How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs  

How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs   How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs  

2. # ADS

Default Re: How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

These Luftwaffe collar tabs are rather common, they can be found easily.
    Morris

Tristan
    ?

Thank you Morris! I found a few examples online, most reproductions, so I thought I would ask the forum, much appreciated.

Here is a LUFTWAFFE STABSGEFREITER FLIGHT /FALLSCHIRMJÄGER COLLAR TAB SET which went for $80, they are not that expensive.

Also welcome to the forum.
    Morris

What was his asking price?
    Morris

Tristan
    ?

His asking price was pretty steep. He had them marked for $60 a piece. I offered $60 for both. He also has the Luftwaffe officers tunic breast eagle and some other items. All hidden in a display case under other antiques. I'll probably go back for the other items next weekend as I think they all originally came as a vet bring back group, all Luftwaffe items. I figured if he would take $60 on the tabs I'll start with those.

It would be good to take some images, you don't want to get burnt by an antique dealer they are always the hardest to get money back off. Just have a look around the forum and post you're items and you will be full of confidence in no time.
    Morris

Tristan
    ?

Thank you Morris, I look forward to expanding my knowledge and making new friends here!

i'm no luftwaffe collar tab expert, but i've seen a few and there is something about the gulls on these i've never seen before.

the center thread in each gull drops straight down and extends quite a bit below the device itself. generally, i've seen that central thread drop down to form a sort of ring which is tight up against the wings. you can see what i'm used to seeing in the example shown from eMedals above.

anyone with more experience want to comment on this? is it a variant in embroidery pattern i've not seen before?

authentic tabs at this rank... 60 for the pair is a VERY good deal and were i into these i'd take them at that price in a new york minute.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Here is a LUFTWAFFE STABSGEFREITER FLIGHT /FALLSCHIRMJÄGER COLLAR TAB SET which went for $80, they are not that expensive.

Also welcome to the forum.
    Morris
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are these not Bundeswehr collar tabs?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast