Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need some help

Article about: Dear Forum members, For the Museum I work for we were donated a photo album of a Luftwaffe Pilot. The book is in mint condition and it holds 135 private pictures from the first day all throu

Default I need some help

Dear Forum members,

For the Museum I work for we were donated a photo album of a Luftwaffe Pilot. The book is in mint condition and it holds 135 private pictures from the first day all through the war. See attached pictures. My question is what is something like this worth? I really could use all the help I can get! Looking forward in hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Frank C. Everards I need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some helpI need some help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need some help
    P
    Many

Again, we dont talk about the worth of collecting items.

This is not an appraisal service. I think our members would be happy to comment on the content to help you research a bit more and determine a value. Books like these sell regularly at militaria web sites and auctions. You say this is a Luftwaffe pilot book but I see RAD photos and a couple of photos that show two or three Luftwaffe members. The eagle on the cover is an Army style. The value is dependent upon several factors, condition, identification and content. Condition and ID look excellent. If the book contains average photos of soldiers and friends hanging out without much detail in location, uniform and vehicles/aircraft, it will not rate high. If it contains photos of unusual locations, soldiers with lots of awards and unusual uniforms and aircraft or vehicles in action it will be worth far more. More details are needed. I encourage you to look on line for similar books for sale as well. Best wishes, NH

Oh please don't get me wrong. It is not for sale we just need a guide line to have it insured. The museum never sells any part of the collection.

Thank you very much NH!

It contains pictures of men, ladies and lications, from the Bodensee in Germany to the firing range, from planes and a crash to France and from destroyed Renault tanks to the Cathedral in Rouen, France.

WW2 German photo albums is a good search term to see what is out there at dealers and auctions. NH

The thing that struck me with this album is the fact that even the documents are put in the album with such great care. The documents themselves are in really good state too.

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    This is not an appraisal service. I think our members would be happy to comment on the content to help you research a bit more and determine a value. Books like these sell regularly at militaria web sites and auctions. You say this is a Luftwaffe pilot book but I see RAD photos and a couple of photos that show two or three Luftwaffe members. The eagle on the cover is an Army style. The value is dependent upon several factors, condition, identification and content. Condition and ID look excellent. If the book contains average photos of soldiers and friends hanging out without much detail in location, uniform and vehicles/aircraft, it will not rate high. If it contains photos of unusual locations, soldiers with lots of awards and unusual uniforms and aircraft or vehicles in action it will be worth far more. More details are needed. I encourage you to look on line for similar books for sale as well. Best wishes, NH
    The one book looks to me like a "FAD" membership booklet and the other, Perhaps "Musterlung-Ausweis" has the exact same photo... Was this done ? And the second to last photo that started this thread is certainly marked FAD IMO... Anyway.... As a Museum.... I would gather that the contents are all covered under a policy pre-determined by the insurer / policy holder preference of the premium.. In a nut shell, I would pay no more than a few hundred dollars for this item... Although unique... Not a "Million Dollar " find... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you Gwar! The old lady who donated the album still has more items (dagger). She is Dutch but her husband was German. We think this is her father-in-law's album but will know for sure this week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast