Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID of Eagle patch

Article about: I have found identical of this patch but with head turned other direction. Think it is Kriegsmarine but would like clarification. Any values? It is very good condition. Thanks!

Default ID of Eagle patch

I have found identical of this patch but with head turned other direction. Think it is Kriegsmarine but would like clarification. Any values? It is very good condition. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID of Eagle patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID of Eagle patch
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

German National Railways (Reichsbahn) maybe, Kriegsmarine faces left.

Possible, but wing feathers different.

CBH
    ?

It might be fake, but at least you know what to look up now.

This looks to be a Reichsbahn sleeve Eagle that may have been cut out, meaning the city name underneath the Eagle was removed. The cutout does not look asymmetrical or even around the bottom.

Although not exactly like the one you pictured, I found a Reichsbahn Eagle with some of the same characteristics as yours, May have been a few different manufacturers of these.. There is a Book called Reichsbahn Eagles by Mr. Wilhelm Saris that may have the answer...

Just a guess but possibly this was cut out..

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images ID of Eagle patch 

I'm with Chris. It looks Reichsbahn to me as well. The construction and detail look period, and the frayed edges indicate it to be tunic removed. A good bird imo. Any pictures of the reverse? Best regards.

Brian

I have no comment on originality but of the two posted, one is Bevo, and the other is embroidered.
    I don't particularly like the one originally posted, just MHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Gentlemen,
    Copies attached of the rear. Seems like it was glued or ironed on. On close inpection it look like it may have been trimmed with a razor blade or cut out.
    Ralph, can you explain what bevo means. What are your objections to it?
    Appreciate all the input as I am not a collector. I have inherited some guns, badges, medals, helmets and I'm trying to establish values in order to sell off as I am not a collector.
    This may be a fake but I know where it has been for the last 50+ years. Have the creative crooks been around that long?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID of Eagle patch   ID of Eagle patch  

CBH
    ?

BeVo is a collectors term for a stye of Machine-Woven insignia usually on a base material like in post #5.
    Vets and collectors years ago sometimes glue insignia in scrapbook , not recommend these days.
    Fakes have been around since 1945.

Hey bbirder I still think the eagle stands an above average chance. It was no doubt tunic removed and the adhesive you see is/are the remnants of glue from it probably being placed into a scrapbook, it would of been sewn to the uniform. Bevo is a style of weave pattern used by the Germans to produce various insignia, armbands, and cuff titles. Your eagle is machine woven. I'm including images from Wim Saris's book on Reichsbahn Eagles for reference. Image of DRB man wearing a single eagle bullion insignia on his sleeve minus a specific designation, as Wim notes this was permissible for a short time only and I suspect the reason why it is difficult to find comparables. Best regards.

Brian

ID of Eagle patchID of Eagle patch
    ID of Eagle patch

A very similarly styled eagle from John T s archives different weave but same design imo.

ID of Eagle patch

Op's

ID of Eagle patch
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-23-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast