Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Article about: Hi guys, I know that usually Arabic numerals on Heer shoulder boards refer to the regiment of the soldier, but I also know that sometimes the numerals refer to an independent battalion inste

KSH
    ?

Default Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi guys,

I know that usually Arabic numerals on Heer shoulder boards refer to the regiment of the soldier, but I also know that sometimes the numerals refer to an independent battalion instead.

I have been told that the Waffenrock which the boards are on belonged to a Major serving with Pionier Bataillon 4. Might this be the case or has this Major probably belonged to another Pionier-unit also wearing "4" cyphers? As I understand the above identification was made only based on the shoulder boards.

All opinions and input is most welcome and most appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PioSch.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	290934  
    Last edited by KSH; 01-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi Kenneth, I would go with the Pionier Battalion 4 designation.

I had a look at Lexicon to study for other possibles, but I think that one is most likely correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi Ade,

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it very much! I also felt that the Pio.Btl.4 designation was the most probable one - but I have been told many things by many people that turned out to be wrong in the end. When in doubt - I ask those who know better

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.