Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Article about: Hi guys, I know that usually Arabic numerals on Heer shoulder boards refer to the regiment of the soldier, but I also know that sometimes the numerals refer to an independent battalion inste

KSH
    ?

Default Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi guys,

I know that usually Arabic numerals on Heer shoulder boards refer to the regiment of the soldier, but I also know that sometimes the numerals refer to an independent battalion instead.

I have been told that the Waffenrock which the boards are on belonged to a Major serving with Pionier Bataillon 4. Might this be the case or has this Major probably belonged to another Pionier-unit also wearing "4" cyphers? As I understand the above identification was made only based on the shoulder boards.

All opinions and input is most welcome and most appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Kenneth
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.  
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi Kenneth, I would go with the Pionier Battalion 4 designation.

I had a look at Lexicon to study for other possibles, but I think that one is most likely correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Identification of Pionier Schulterstücke (Pioneer shoulder boards) for a Major with "4" cyphers attached.

Hi Ade,

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it very much! I also felt that the Pio.Btl.4 designation was the most probable one - but I have been told many things by many people that turned out to be wrong in the end. When in doubt - I ask those who know better

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:51 PM.