Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identification and value help required for small collection

Article about: Thanks to everyone for your input on the first thread on my small collection. I thought I would post the should boards etc next as they seem most difficult for me to identify. I have 23 item

Default Re: Identification and value help required for small collection

Quote by aemt View Post
    I still trying to find information on no's 5,16,20 and 21 above.

If they are indeed eastern volunteers in luftwaffe service would there be any entries in reference books? I have not been able to track any further information down on these.
    Unfortunately, not everything is found in reference books, and foreign volunteers in particular are a field where many uniforms, badges and insignia were of an improvised or unofficial nature, sometimes locally procured and often short-lived.
    Still, my theory in post # 7 is just that, a personal theory; I cannot make any claim to accuracy.

Quote by aemt View Post
    Also does the yellow braiding signify flight or pilot?
    The Luftwaffe's yellow branch color was for the Fliegertruppe (roughly "flying forces"), which included aviation as well as paratroops. It did not signify actual flight or jump status, just that somebody belonged to that branch.

Similiar to the Heer's white branch color (which normally signified infantry), it was also used as a bit of a "catch-all" color for units and services not really fitting into any specific branch. (certain staffs, command authorities and inspectorates, training establishments and schools, replacement offices etc.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification and value help required for small collection
    P
    Many

?

Many thanks for your response.

I guess that not being able to track anything down is in its own way informative in that I know they are obscure and not well documented standard issue items. Maybe that is as good as it gets. All i can be reasonably sure of is that they are Luftwaffe items and represent different ranks.

Thanks again

Hi Andy, send them to me, I still like them.

I can only agree with Andreas' coments.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2