Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Identify the tunic.

Article about: Hello there. The following photos are from battle of Leros 1943. They show a group of Küstenjägers at Apitiki mountain. My question is simple. What do you think about the one with the "

Default Identify the tunic.

Hello there. The following photos are from battle of Leros 1943. They show a group of Küstenjägers at Apitiki mountain. My question is simple. What do you think about the one with the "white" tunic. Is it a white drillich tunic (Drillich/Arbeitsbluse) or a tropical one? As far as i know, troops on Leros had a lot of tropical staff (the battle took place on November 1943). In the other hand, Küstenjägers and Brandenburgers used to wear any type of clothes (unissued uniforms, enemy clothes, etc). I have started a project of a German Küstenjäger soldier, and i really want to now your opinion in the type of uniform that i should use.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify the tunic.   Identify the tunic.  

Attached Images Attached Images Identify the tunic. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify the tunic.
    P
    Many

Anyone?

?

Is it possible that he has just arrived from the eastern front
    Regards

Probably well faded or bleached tropical, though hard to see the details need to be certain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I go with Jerry.

Looking more like what is commonly called Drillich. The work clothing was light-weight and more comfortable in the heat. It came in several colors including green and off white/cream. NH

Work tunic in off white cream you can even find the green HBT set up as a makeshift combat tunic with insignia in hot climates especially before the HBT 4 pocket ones came out. timothy