Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying Heer breast Eagles

Article about: Hello, Can anybody identify these two Eagles? I have had them for some years, from memory I think that the brown, moth eaten one is Northern or Eastern Territories? I have no idea on the bla

Default Identifying Heer breast Eagles

Hello,
    Can anybody identify these two Eagles? I have had them for some years, from memory I think that the brown, moth eaten one is Northern or Eastern Territories? I have no idea on the black one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying Heer breast Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identifying Heer breast Eagles

As you said Eastern peoples eagle which is good and Heer eagle which I have doubts about, as it is very poorly manufactured.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the reply, I've had the Heer (black) eagle for 15 - 20 years. It was bought from a curosity / junk shop (i.e. not a dealer!), it has some staining and certainly in my collecting experience has some age to it, however, as much as I would like to collect German items I know that it is a minefield which is why I tend to steer clear (especially badges, awards, etc). Hopefully somebody can give me a definative answer. (Either way I would have paid less than £10 for it and the Eastern Peoples Eagle was bought for £6 along with Luftwaffe cap badge)

Obviously, I am just voicing my opinion, partly based on disliking it's look and it might be considered original by others, but certainly one I would not purchase. As you said, you have had it for up to 20 years, but they have been making fakes and copies since before the war ended.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Indeed! I think given another 20 years people will think that WW2 was invented for fraudsters and forgeries!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Indeed! I think given another 20 years people will think that WW2 was invented for fraudsters and forgeries!
    Sadly, there are a lot of fakes for sale and it does spoil it, especially as many objects are very expensive and buying a dud is not good for the spirit, but sadly it has happened to most, if not all of us, at least once and probably more than that. I certainly have bought a few over the years, though thankfully not for a while. One of my items was flagged up as a fake just recently and thankfully it was not too expensive a lesson and the deal took place a few years back, in amongst a lot of good items, but it still annoys.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry