Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Indetifying a Kriegsmarine Standort Segel Wettfahrten Ehrenpreis Badge

Article about: Dear forum experts, I recently obtained this piece for my collection. As always I would cherish your opinion on this piece. And if I can add it to my collection without hesitation? And is th

Default Indetifying a Kriegsmarine Standort Segel Wettfahrten Ehrenpreis Badge

Dear forum experts,

I recently obtained this piece for my collection. As always I would cherish your opinion on this piece. And if I can add it to my collection without hesitation? And is there a way to clean the oxidation blue stains on it? I am looking forward in hearing from you! Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Indetifying a Kriegsmarine Standort Segel Wettfahrten Ehrenpreis Badge
    P
    Many

I have no experience with such items, but my gut feeling is not good:

One thing that immediately concerns me is that it is on a field grey cloth backing (like combat shields). A prize for a sailing regatta was not authorized for wear on uniforms, so what's the point of the backing?

Also notice the filled-in "holes" at the top and bottom corners. My gut feeling is that this is a copy of a genuine prize that was affixed to a wooden plaque or something and that this is were the original had actual holes for the screws or nails.

Just my two cents. As I said, this is not my area of expertise, so wait for other comments.

Hello HPL!

Thank you for your views. I am sceptical myself. Maybe someone knows something about it. ;-) Thank you your views are appreciated!

Frank

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

One thing that immediately concerns me is that it is on a field grey cloth backing (like combat shields). A prize for a sailing regatta was not authorized for wear on uniforms, so what's the point of the backing?

Also notice the filled-in "holes" at the top and bottom corners. My gut feeling is that this is a copy of a genuine prize that was affixed to a wooden plaque or something and that this is were the original had actual holes for the screws or nails.

Just my two cents. As I said, this is not my area of expertise, so wait for other comments.

I used to collect KM items and have never seen such an object-not saying these didn't exist but-never as an arm shield. I believe the member from Germany is correct. I too feel it was taken from a wooden plaque of some type? Nice thoughtful item though and one to learn from.

Dear 24th Panzer Division thank you for your thoughts on this matter. I agree with the both of you that this was never an arm shield. Notice the screw holes? I think they where attached to boats ir anything if they are genuine items. I have seen a few online before. Are you a collector? I have just started my own little collection ... just small items i collected stories of veterans for 20 years .. Thank you for your views!

Frank

Hallo Frank, glad you read my opinions and glad to help. It is an interesting item and worthy of an investigation and discussion. I'm an on again off again collector. Ive not bought much in the past 4 or so years except inert artillery shells and a few badges. I now mostly collect paper items like award docs and photos when I can find a good deal.

The hols in the badge do not reveal screw holes they are just indents... strange isn.t it?

Regards,
    Frank

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

I agree with Andreas!....

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    The hols in the badge do not reveal screw holes they are just indents... strange isn.t it?

Regards,
    Frank
    Sounds like it's been cast from something else?

Which is what I said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast