Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. Waffenrock

Article about: Fresh new arrival today from Germany. The Waffenrock, piped trousers and aiguillette are all ostensibly from the same man. Unfortunately there is neither a tailor's label in the tunic nor a

TWS
    ?

Default Infanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. Waffenrock

Fresh new arrival today from Germany. The Waffenrock, piped trousers and aiguillette are all ostensibly from the same man. Unfortunately there is neither a tailor's label in the tunic nor a name tag in the pocket. Also checked the trousers but no luck.
    IR 45 was part of the 21st Infantry Division. The entry from Wiki: The 21st Infantry Division was formed in 1934 in Elbing, East Prussia, by expanding the 3rd Prussian Infantry Regiment of the 1st Division of the old Reichswehr. As this was a direct breach of the terms of the Treaty of Versailles, its existence was initially concealed; it was formally designated as the 21st Infantry Division in October 1935. Its East Prussian origin informed the adoption of the divisional symbol, a figure holding a shield bearing the black cross of the Teutonic Knights.

Mobilised in the 1st wave in 1939, the division took part in the German invasion of Poland and the following year's invasion of France. For the next four years, it fought on the Eastern Front, largely as part of Army Group North, assigned to Eighteenth Army.

After being involved in series of defensive battles and retreats to Riga as the Soviet army liberated their territory, late 1944 saw the 21st Infantry Division again in East Prussia, assigned to Third Panzer Army in the area of Tilsit before being reallocated to Fourth Army and deployed in the area of Insterburg, facing the Soviet East Prussian Offensive. Along with the bulk of Fourth Army it was encircled and largely destroyed in the Heiligenbeil pocket in the closing weeks of the war. Remnants of the division's forces were transported over the Frisches Haff to Pillau and Samland, where the unit was eventually dispersed in battle with Soviet troops, while some elements escaped along the Frische Nehrung to Hela and eventually by sea to Schleswig-Holstein.
    Infanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. WaffenrockInfanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. Waffenrock
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Regiment 45 Leutnant d.R. Waffenrock
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Top notch Todd.

Was this from Ratisbons recent auction?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Top notch Todd.

Was this from Ratisbons recent auction?
    Thanks! It was from Thies. Only lot I won. I entered a bunch of pretty conservative bids and was surprised I won anything.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Another well put together display! Thanks for sharing, other than the fact it reminds me I need to get moving!

Always a pleasure to see your displays Todd..... thanks for sharing !!

Bob