Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

Article about: Hello again members. I am about to buy my first tunic and i'm really excited. But prior as always i want your feedback. What do you think of the tunic, insignia and decorations? Thanks every

Default Re: on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

With this being a pre war tunic, the chances are he would have never gotten around to changing the insignia. The Waffenrock was not used that much after the outbreak of war.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

Hmm, ok. Thanks for all the info Ade
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Ade, would it be safe to say he was probably a Great War Vet due to the bar on the uniform? This would go along from my line of thinking as to why he was a reserve.

Yes but maybe the bar was added later by a collector as seller doesn't offer it with tunic. He wants the bar, BWB and aquillete.

he would wear the officers model 4-pocket tunic probably without the grey underlay as if he was called up to active duty,he would no longer be a reservist

Hi Chris, no he was not a Great War Vet. The bar is typical for an Officer of this rank. But it could easily be collector added.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2