Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

Article about: Hello again members. I am about to buy my first tunic and i'm really excited. But prior as always i want your feedback. What do you think of the tunic, insignia and decorations? Thanks every

Default on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

Hello again members. I am about to buy my first tunic and i'm really excited. But prior as always i want your feedback. What do you think of the tunic, insignia and decorations?
    Thanks everyone in advance
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?   on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?  

on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?   on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?  

on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?   on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

And the missing label.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?   on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?  

Default Re: on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?

And some more of the place under the collar. I thought there should be visible stitches. Maybe that is on field tunics like M36?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on infantry officer waffenrock tunic. Excellent condition!!!! Real or fake?  

Many pictures. I hope they will be helpful to you

Hi Chris, it is a nice original tunic.

The only issue might be the possible re-application of the breast eagle as the sewing is rather poor in places.

Cheers, Ade.

No prob with me on that as long as the replacement is an original piece and not a repro. Ade you should know, were these uniforms privately purchased or issued by the army?

Officers had to purchase these privately from a military tailor. It is a pity the label has gone out of the neck as this would have told us who made the uniform. But it does show well how the lining has aged, which is just as it should be.

This Lt. was a Reservist in Inf Regt 56 (note the secondary grey piping of the reservist under the white piping of the Infanterie on the shoulder boards): some info about the unit can be found here

Infanterieregiment 56 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks a lot Ade. I'll use the google dictionary to translate from German. What was exactly a reservist officer? The one who was not commissioned NCO?

No, Reservists were fully Commisioned Officers. He would have joined up and served his enlistment time and then pased into the reserves. In time of waar, he would have been called up again for active service.

Cheers, Ade.

And when he would be called up for service again he would still wear this tunic or then he would wear the plain infantry without the secondary grey piping, under the white piping?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast