Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

infantry waffenrock

Article about: A few more pics!!

Default infantry waffenrock

Hi there, the button on the shoulder boards of my waffenrock has the number '11' on it, does that mean its from the 11th infantry division please? If so does anyone know where they were fighting in ww2 please? Many thanks for your time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infantry waffenrock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement infantry waffenrock
    P
    Many

Default Re: infantry waffenrock

LondonJay, a throw back to Imperial days, as is the 'Waffenrock'....the buttons are 'Kompanie' marked, 11th Company, part of a Battalion within a Regiment, not a regiment, Division, or an Army Corps number !.....unless the 'Rock', has a name tag I.D.ing the owner/regiment or a cuff title you will never know.

Ah! Thanks alot Oradour I really appreciate the info. No name tag unfortunately just some ink stamped numbers. Thanks again

Clearly the shoulder straps once had regimental numbers or a cyhper on them, a pity these have been removed.

Jay, can you show the numbers you mention please.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, the larger set of numbers is just above the inside pocket and the other 177 U is by the back pleat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infantry waffenrock   infantry waffenrock  

Hi Jay, these are size and inspection marks. I suspected that is what they would be.

From these we can determine it was an issue peice and not a private purchase version.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I thought it might have been a private purchase as it doesn't have have the internal buckle bits. Is that common or just personal preference? Jay

Hi Jay, the internal belt is usually found on private purchase examples.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks alot for the info Ade. Its my first part of a uniform I've managed to save up and buy and I'm really pleased with it!!!

Hi Jay, if you have not shown the whole tunic before please feel free to show it off half the fun is sharing with like minded people.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast