Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infantry Waffenrock

Article about: Wow, quite nice, Ralph. Never took notice how nicely designed and well made these tunics are. Have you made any changes to it yet? Mark

Default Infantry Waffenrock

My last purchase of 2012. Bought only a couple days ago, I do not have it in hand yet. It is a poor orphan that needs a little TLC.
    It has been poorly restored and has a little staining but no mothing. I will do my best to give it the care that it requires.
    These are the seller's photos.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry Waffenrock   Infantry Waffenrock  

Infantry Waffenrock   Infantry Waffenrock  

Infantry Waffenrock  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infantry Waffenrock

Looks nice, Ralph. Is it the picture, or do he shoulder straps show signs of having had some kind of insignia attached to them?

Thanks Roger!
    I believe from the photos that the shoulder straps had some kind of insignia. I do not know if it was stitched or metal cyphers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thanks Roger!
    I believe from the photos that the shoulder straps had some kind of insignia. I do not know if it was stitched or metal cyphers.
    Ralph.
    It is indeed missing its shoulder insignias.
    Its a great looking tunic.
    Congrats.

Cheers
    Nuno

Thanks Nuno!
    It is only my second tunic. I hope that I am able to make it look a little nicer.
    Ralph.

Hello,
    I also hope that you can restore it better than what it is now....it has some potential...
    Eagle is not the correct type for EM Waffenrock...in theory this type of eagle was meant for Officer Waffenrock
    Numerals on shoulderstraps buttons are incredibly high....the vast majority of prewar/early war Infanterie regiments had 14 companies only...
    the sew-in stitching of the shoulderstrap is a bit sloppy....are the shoulderstraps a replacement ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I also hope that you can restore it better than what it is now....it has some potential...
    Eagle is not the correct type for EM Waffenrock...in theory this type of eagle was meant for Officer Waffenrock
    Numerals on shoulderstraps buttons are incredibly high....the vast majority of prewar/early war Infanterie regiments had 14 companies only...
    the sew-in stitching of the shoulderstrap is a bit sloppy....are the shoulderstraps a replacement ?
    Thanks
    I will have a better idea of it's condition when I have it in hand. I will also post more and better photos.
    I have a special plan for this one.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Ralph,

You have a very nice looking waffenrock. Open up the inside and see what kind of marking are there. If it is an issue rock it will have a company, battalion, and regimental marks on the inside. The boards have had their cloth numbers picked out. It appears that it was a 3 digit unit number. The shoulder boards numbers are correct for a reserve or replacement company. The gefreiter stripe should be removed and is incorrect for the tunic. The Breast eagle is actually a correct 2nd pattern breast eagle for an enlisted waffenrock. The eagle needs to be removed and then correctly replaced. Overall it is not a bad piece and can be brought back to life pretty easily.

I hope this helps.

Fred

Thank you for taking the time to post Fred.
    Since this "Rock" did not originate with the insignia that is on it, I felt that it would be a good candidate to replicate the tunic worn by one of my mother's uncles. I am looking for the correct Gefreiter stripe as well. He is the one on the left in the second photo.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry Waffenrock   Infantry Waffenrock  

Sorry Fred, I forgot to add, there are no markings inside.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast