Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infantry Waffenrock

Article about: I am interested in this infantry waffenrock on estand and would appreciate opinions as to its authenticity. Thank you, Nic.

Default Infantry Waffenrock

I am interested in this infantry waffenrock on estand and would appreciate opinions as to its authenticity. Thank you, Nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry Waffenrock   Infantry Waffenrock  

Infantry Waffenrock   Infantry Waffenrock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Hi Nic, looks fine to me.

The only usual problems with these are re-applied breast eagles. (That is not to say these are not outright copied now, but they are for re-enactors and the material are modern.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian for the info and confirmation, very much appreciated, nic.

Hi
    I like it. Any stamps visible?

Cheers
    Nuno

Hi Nuno
    These were the only pictures on estand. I will ask the seller though. Thank you, Nic.

Quote by comleyn View Post
    Hi Nuno
    These were the only pictures on estand. I will ask the seller though. Thank you, Nic.
    Do that, always nice to see date, maker, size, etc...
    Cheers
    Nuno

Unfortunately no date or maker mark, thanks, nic

I, too, saw this for sale. The price is very reasonable which insinuates that either the seller has fallen upon hard times, or that, and more likely in my opinion, in person the breast eagle shows signs of being reapplied post 45'... so to speak. I assume it could've just as well been reapplied pre 45'.
    Note the seller didn't include any close-ups of the breast eagle within his ad, which I personally think is also very telling. Those photographs would be something I'd request prior to my purchasing of the item.

Here is a close up of the eagle, thanks, nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry Waffenrock  

I am relieved to see the seller provided you with close, clear pictures of the breast eagle. Hopefully this will be of further assistance for the discovery of the period which the insignias application accrued.
    Hard for me to offer an accurate opinion with just a image as I am no expert. Therefore, I will keep any thoughts to myself. As most know, having it in-hand is always the best to determine when these things came to be. One can never stress the importances of this enough.
    I will suggest to you, however, that the eagles wear correlates well with the tunics and the rest of the insignia. But, that also isn't of much help if one considers the condition of the item in its entirety. Mint examples are easily found, too, which makes a correct restoration in regards to wear very possible for these somewhat common items.
    Good luck with your examination and possible purchase, and sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast