Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Award

Article about: I am posting this interesting award, not to raise argument pro or con, only for discussion. Some may have been privileged to stories about this specific piece and, those who have are entitle

Default Interesting Award

I am posting this interesting award, not to raise argument pro or con, only for discussion. Some may have been privileged to stories about this specific piece and, those who have are entitled to their opinion. After you have ample opportunity to discuss this a bit, I shall reveal the true facts and documentation as I have it and will post several additional photos that will then include the reverse and close ups of sections of the award. The award does appear to have been worn at one time.

The photos below depict this unique piece close up and in it's original period case. I will tell you that there have been pieces produced, replicating this badge, back in the 1960's by the firm of Rudolf Souval in Austria. Please do not confuse this that I present with the Special Combined Pilot Observer Badge with Brilliants, as it is not the same nor am I representing it to be.

Enjoy!

Specifications:

Height: 52mm
    Width: 42mm
    Wingspan: 69mm
    Weight: 30grams
    Hollow Back Construction - No Maker Marking
    Base Metal: Silver - .800 Marked On Pin
    Finish: Gold Plated (Gilded)
    15 White Sapphires In Arms Of Swastika (Jeweler Set)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Award   Interesting Award  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Award
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting Award

SWEEEEET

Possibly there should be a section on the forum for questionable pieces?

Richard
    I like someone that contributes to this forum, and putting pieces on like that certainly fits that criteria

These things are always good for discussions, as NOBODY knows it all, in fact there are pretty much a handful of people out there that actually know what it is all about,

I'm not one of them. I get by, and make a part living from it, so my instincts are ok, but i have been wrong, and will continue to do so......

I offer opinions like everyone else, this "hobby" is based on opinions. Put 5 people in a room and you'll get 6 opinions on one item.

Maybe its because we haven't seen many, if at all any, of the rare pieces, we dismiss things out of hand, with out any concrete evidence or foundation.

I love the pieces, I love the debates, but most of all I love the quality that was always present right up until the end of the war. And that is something we should never forget when passing any kind of judgement.

Quote by JMB View Post
    Richard
    I like someone that contributes to this forum, and putting pieces on like that certainly fits that criteria

These things are always good for discussions, as NOBODY knows it all, in fact there are pretty much a handful of people out there that actually know what it is all about,

I'm not one of them. I get by, and make a part living from it, so my instincts are ok, but i have been wrong, and will continue to do so......

I offer opinions like everyone else, this "hobby" is based on opinions. Put 5 people in a room and you'll get 6 opinions on one item.

Maybe its because we haven't seen many, if at all any, of the rare pieces, we dismiss things out of hand, with out any concrete evidence or foundation.

I love the pieces, I love the debates, but most of all I love the quality that was always present right up until the end of the war. And that is something we should never forget when passing any kind of judgement.
    John ... I could not agree more with your asessment. I have always believed that there are individuals having experiese in specific areas of collecting but that there are not really "experts". I once wrote in my first book (1997) my definition of an "expert":

"Experts, those wonderful creatures running around with their heads stuck in the sands of time who, although they were not working in a Third Reich factory from 1935 to 1945 always know exactly how an item is supposed to have been made, the exact weight, color, patina and markings, and to top it off, they're always right and you're always wrong ... cause they're the experts!"

That book has become a collectible as only 1,000 copies were printed and all sold, with the exception of a few that I have kept, in 22+ countries.

When discussions lessen on this piece I will post the additional photos along with a preponderance of circumstantial documentation.

Gentlemen, here are the remaining photos I have of this specimen. These were made back in the late 1980's with a film camera (before digital). The B&W ones were made on a lithographic process camera using regular 4"x5"negative film (no screen).

Richard

Sorry ... Here are the photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Award   Interesting Award  

Interesting Award   Interesting Award  

Here are two respected opinions from a wellknown collector and a response form Rudolf Souval.

Interesting Award  

Sorry Richard,but this is not an original presentation piece or dress version. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Sorry Richard,but this is not an original presentation piece or dress version. Stewy S
    Stewy ... I do not present it as such. However either of the two opinions offered by R.L. may be feasible. I don't believe anyone truly knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast