Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Items Picked up at Auction

Article about: I got a few more Items this week from the local auction. A Police Patch, Collar Tab and a real nice Breast Eagle. Unsure of their authenticity, I was told they were 100% period. But I trust

?

Default Items Picked up at Auction

I got a few more Items this week from the local auction. A Police Patch, Collar Tab and a real nice Breast Eagle. Unsure of their authenticity, I was told they were 100% period. But I trust this forum more than the auction house.

Any thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Items Picked up at Auction   Items Picked up at Auction  

Items Picked up at Auction   Items Picked up at Auction  

Items Picked up at Auction   Items Picked up at Auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items Picked up at Auction
    P
    Many

Default Re: Items Picked up at Auction

i like them i don't have any issue with these items!!! i love the breast eagle !

I can't help you with these items, but typically I would take what auction houses claim to be 100% with a grain of salt. Many have been wrong before. I hope these turn out to be good.

?

Went to an auction preview yesterday of a world class firearm auction - If you have no clue what you are looking at, you will not be able to achieve knowledge at such a place. As always - Caveat emptor.
    Regards,
    John

?

Oh yeah. Like I said I trust the guys on this forum more than the auction house. I am not an expert on authenticity, I generally know a specific award,badge,patch or flag or helmet by looking at it. However, I dont know the individual characteristics of the items and how to determine authenticity 100%, but I have taken a bunch of articles from websites about determining fakes and repro's and put it on Evernote on my cellphone and use that at the auction house to compare the items...It has helped me a lot and I have yet to get really burned on an Item.

The Police eagle above looks kind of short and fat compared to my Feldgendarmerie example, could be a variation I suppose. There must have been numerous producers of these cloth patches.

Items Picked up at Auction

?

I think the one I got may have been unused. It doesnt appear to have any indication that it was sewn on to a tunic. Which may account for it looking a bit different. I wonder if they shrinked/expanded when they got exposed to various weather conditions. If its on a tunic then it gets wet, then drys then its hot, cold etc,etc..that could cause slight shrinkage/expansion correct?

Does anyone know the specifics about the collar tab? I tried to match it up but cant find a comparative piece.

Tristan
    ?

All look good to me, early productions

Hi ZigZag,

I can't comment on the police eagle, but the golden metal eagle looks like a nice condition original naval officer's breast eagle designed for wear on the white Summer issue tunic. Being white, these tunics would have required regular washing, which would have faded cloth insignia, hence the removable metal eagles used on both army and navy summer tunics.

The collar tab is from an artillery waffenrock - the fancy tunics worn for parades and 'Sunday best' - for ranks ranging from enlisted men to NCOs. Looks like a nice issued piece. I have attached a pic of my mis-matched 'pair' (i.e. two singles!)

All the best,

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Items Picked up at Auction