Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Jäger cap badge- Real or Fake

Article about: Any thoughts on this Jäger cap badge? Under a loop it's got some patina and slight rust spots (not visable to the eye). Thanks everyone. Michael

MAP
    ?

Default Jäger cap badge- Real or Fake

Any thoughts on this Jäger cap badge?

Under a loop it's got some patina and slight rust spots (not visable to the eye).

Thanks everyone.

Michael

Jäger cap badge- Real or FakeJäger cap badge- Real or Fake
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jäger cap badge- Real or Fake
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Must be a boring item!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMO It looks ok to me.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chrisk View Post
    IMO It looks ok to me.
    Thanks Chris. I didn't have any massive worries but not being an expert am always looking for the WRF "seal of approval"

Michael

I'm not sure young Chris is an expert either Michael. Unless someone can give details of what they like and how they know they like it any such 'seal of approval' is worth about as much as a Charlie Snyder COA.

I know that these oak leaves came in a number of varieties, and that this one shows very good details, but I have to say that it doesn't match the types that I've seen and handled. The prongs, for example, are simply attached to the backside on this example, whereas I'm used to seeing the kinds that are crimped in place. There are also round spike style prongs found on these too, but I can't recall seeing a set up like this one has. The background dots are quite casually made and not very symmetrical, where as they should be more orderly like found on the backgrounds of the wound badges. And, not to mention, that it is awfully Flat and not hollowback as most seen are. Personally, I would keep on looking. They are not rare and expensive, so I would keep hunting until I found a set that ticks all of the boxes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

There ya go!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm not sure young Chris is an expert either Michael. Unless someone can give details of what they like and how they know they like it any such 'seal of approval' is worth about as much as a Charlie Snyder COA.
    What??? Charlies COA's are bad???? Dang, hope he takes refunds!

Thanks Glenn

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I know that these oak leaves came in a number of varieties, and that this one shows very good details, but I have to say that it doesn't match the types that I've seen and handled. The prongs, for example, are simply attached to the backside on this example, whereas I'm used to seeing the kinds that are crimped in place. There are also round spike style prongs found on these too, but I can't recall seeing a set up like this one has. The background dots are quite casually made and not very symmetrical, where as they should be more orderly like found on the backgrounds of the wound badges. And, not to mention, that it is awfully Flat and not hollowback as most seen are. Personally, I would keep on looking. They are not rare and expensive, so I would keep hunting until I found a set that ticks all of the boxes.
    Thanks William for the great info!

Oh well. Not that bad of a hit to the wallet! And I can return it, but it did come with this (which I hope is real! )

Just a note, this is a hollowback, guess the pics don't show it too well. But the sides are quite low, maybe 1mm to 1.5mm.

Regards,

Michael

Jäger cap badge- Real or Fake