Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kavallerie Regiment 18 Waffenrock

Article about: The next Waffenrock that arrived via the recent Andreas Thies auction I was able to photograph is this one to an Unteroffizier in Kavallerie Regiment 18. KR 18 (1934-1939) was formed from th

TWS
    ?

Default Kavallerie Regiment 18 Waffenrock

The next Waffenrock that arrived via the recent Andreas Thies auction I was able to photograph is this one to an Unteroffizier in Kavallerie Regiment 18.
    KR 18 (1934-1939) was formed from the earlier 18. Reiter Regiment of the Reichsheer. It had unfortunately a short life under the banner of KR18.

In 1939, the Regiment was disbanded to form the basis of several Aufklaerungs-Abteilungen. Namely A-A 5, 25, 35, and 178.
    So, unfortunately KR 18 probably never saw any combat as a unit in WWII, but it's former members certainly did with their new A-A.

This Waffenrock shows the variant I have seen exercised a few times by tailors in using the wider cuff and collar litzen when making the shoulder boards. It also has real silver thread in the collar tabs and cuff bars which has oxidized into a nice patina.

Kavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 WaffenrockKavallerie Regiment 18 Waffenrock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kavallerie Regiment 18 Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This Waffenrock is very nice. Thank you for sharing with us.
    The item is valuable for itself...nothing more, nothing less...
    nice patina and fading of the golden yellow colour.
    Considering the Hoheitsabzeichen worn, the former bearer was a bit presomptuous...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This Waffenrock is very nice. Thank you for sharing with us.
    The item is valuable for itself...nothing more, nothing less...
    nice patina and fading of the golden yellow colour.
    Considering the Hoheitsabzeichen worn, the former bearer was a bit presomptuous...
    Thanks
    Thank-you. I'm not sure if I understand you 100%, but you are probably right if you think that unit history has little to no value added in this particular case.

The application of a bullion Hoheitsabzeichen is indeed the mark of a soldier who wanted to be a little bit "snazzy", but it is actually quite common especially with tailor-made pieces (see the two behind it. Both NCO, both tailor made, both have bullion Hoheitsabzeichen).