Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM pith helmet shields

Article about: these are thin and have the correct rounded bottoms for navy. they're unmarked. care to comment please?

?

Default KM pith helmet shields

these are thin and have the correct rounded bottoms for navy. they're unmarked. care to comment please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM pith helmet shields  
    Attached Images Attached Images KM pith helmet shields  KM pith helmet shields 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM pith helmet shields
    P
    Many

Default re: KM pith helmet shields

Hi David, I am not crazy about these at all. I believe they are bad. Could we see the backs please?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: KM pith helmet shields

here you go ade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM pith helmet shields  

schnellmann
    ?

Here is what a real set of Heer mint shields look like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM pith helmet shields   KM pith helmet shields  

?

thanx QuickMan.

- do you like Ade think these are fake or just quite worn?
    - I thought Heer plates were thicker and heavier than km ones and had pointy bottoms where km types were rounded

Here's what others are saying:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=406851

thanks.

Hi David, no sorry I don't like these.

As stated, they are actually Heer pattern.

Cheers, Ade.

?

oh blast!

They are heer and it looks like the national colors shield has been heated, probably to have its pins replaced, or at least one of them.
    The eagle does look a bit strange, though in the hand it might be good. I probably would'nt buy them, as the repair has ruined the one shield and the other is a bit MMM!

VonBond

?

I think the color shield has some gloss red paint (fingernail polish?!) or is that from reheating as you speculated?

it all sounds quite bad, but the final Q. is: has anyone seen fakes that look like this? or is hoping this is an 'unknown variation' or something what ade might call 'pulling a pretty long bow'? here are another 2 pix if that helps. thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images KM pith helmet shields  KM pith helmet shields 

?

eureka! in david bunch's 'afrikakorps' (2004) is a pith helm with what looks like an awfully similar eagle shield - from bunch's massive collection.
    from p. 214: 'an unusual variant ... this example was likely made in france.... the shields have an outer border and are stamped in brass giving the national emblem a gilt appearance.'
    if someone knows bunch can you ask him to chime in please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast