Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Tropical Eagles

Article about: Please tell me what you think of these two. The used one looks good, but I'm not sure about the other one. Thank you. Tom

Default KM Tropical Eagles

Please tell me what you think of these two. The used one looks good, but I'm not sure about the other one.
    Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Tropical Eagles   KM Tropical Eagles  

KM Tropical Eagles   KM Tropical Eagles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Tropical Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: KM Tropical Eagles

Hi Tom, the top used one is fine. The second one is bad. Note the small outer wing feathers in the semi-circular fan shape. Count them, then compare to the good one Five good, four bad.

Cheers, Ade.

Yikes!! I never even checked that. Thank you Ade. The back also is a bit off, yes?
    Tom

It is indeed. I bet it is made from polyester too.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi, I as usual have to agree with Ade, top 1 is good, bottom is bad. Another think to look for is weave above the fold line, as shown in the attached pic. You have to be able to tell the difference between weave and loose threads, as shown in the second pic.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Tropical Eagles   KM Tropical Eagles  

Thanks Jerry & Ade. The un-issued one is a cap badge BTW.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Jerry & Ade. The un-issued one is a cap badge BTW.
    Tom
    It's still a fake, so counting the inner wing feathers is not needed, unless its an old fake of a tunic eagle.

Jerry

?

Think you will find you have 1 good bevo eagle the folded one. the uncut one is what you will expect to find on a bevo cap eagle four small feathers is correct for this eagle but only if its a smaller cap eagle

KM Tropical Eagles  
    Last edited by jeep43; 05-04-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Hi, two of these are fakes, for the same reason that the second of the 2 thread starters is a fake. They have weave above the fold line, which is different to loose warp threads.

I've highlighted the 2 fakes you have shown, Jeep43.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Tropical Eagles  

?

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Hi, two of these are fakes, for the same reason that the second of the 2 thread starters is a fake. They have weave above the fold line, which is different to loose warp threads.

I've highlighted the 2 fakes you have shown, Jeep43.

Jerry
    Tis is not allways correct both eagles come from a good source secondly they are in rayon not pollyester like the fakes and several beVo badges do go over the fold line ie jager and skijager
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Tropical Eagles  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast