Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegs flag

Article about: Recently purchased Kriegs flag .Looks to be folded when damp,hence colour run. By Helmond of Holland.170x100.£100 paid .I like it.

Default Kriegs flag

Recently purchased Kriegs flag .Looks to be folded when damp,hence colour run.
    By Helmond of Holland.170x100.£100 paid .I like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegs flag   Kriegs flag  

Kriegs flag   Kriegs flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegs flag
    P
    Many

?

I've never seen color transfer like that on a legitimate period flag,.......I would be highly suspicious.
    Regards,
    John

For my knowledge on these, the construction looks correct. Interesting how on the third photo, the right arm of the "cross" sits lower than the left side. Not sure that really is much of a negative though given how these were printed on. I don't know if they would bleed or not, but if I were to make an educated assessment, I think the flag is likely original. Perhaps Bob Coleman will see the thread and confirm one way or the other. If fake, they did a far better job than usual of mimicking the construction.

The lines do not match up for that it have happened. And if that were the case the colors would have bled over and the lines would not be sharp. I do not know what happened with the flag, I have never seen this before.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I must admit it looks genuine- the color looks like other flags has been placed on top still wet. Could it be made in a shady cellar for US troops after 45? As we know many things were continued being made after the fall of Dritte Reich, to feed the souvernir hungry soldiers.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I must admit it looks genuine- the color looks like other flags has been placed on top still wet. Could it be made in a shady cellar for US troops after 45? As we know many things were continued being made after the fall of Dritte Reich, to feed the souvernir hungry soldiers.
    My perspective is that this example was "Printed"... Not cured correctly and thus the "Bleeding".. or transfer of color to the flag.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

If you haven't noticed, the transferred pattern doesn't even make sense for folded overlay, If authentic - there would have had to been a stack of other flags or a major malfunction during black the application process.
    Regards,
    John