Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Cap Tally

Article about: Could I ask for advice from any Kriegsmarine Cap Tally collectors in the forum. I happened across this tally at a good price and took a chance. I have done some reading around the tallies bu

?

Default Kriegsmarine Cap Tally

Could I ask for advice from any Kriegsmarine Cap Tally collectors in the forum. I happened across this tally at a good price and took a chance. I have done some reading around the tallies but this one has thrown me a bit...

I wanted a 39-45 tally to add to an ongoing Kreigsmarine collection (mainly war badges), and was looking for used example rather than cut off a roll. This one is very salty so I am hoping its ok.

A couple of things are troubling me about it. The thread is a bullion type rather than yellow cotton, on one end of the tally there is about 15 cm of gold bullion woven into the edging of the tally, see picture.

Also, the dark squares in the weave is actually achieved by interwoven dark thread. There is no obvious ghosting around the letters.

On the positive side, it's looks fantastic, it has the slightly rolled woven edges along the ribbon edge and it feels like a ribbon, not a length of cotton. It seems too well made to be a fake but I am not sure? Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Cap Tally   Kriegsmarine Cap Tally  

Kriegsmarine Cap Tally   Kriegsmarine Cap Tally  

Kriegsmarine Cap Tally  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Cap Tally
    P
    Many

It has all the features of an original Tally, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

?

That's brilliant, I will welcome it into my collection in that case. Thanks for your expertise.