Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?

Article about: Hi, all. I am not myself a kriegsmarine collector and am trying to determine whether or not this is an authentic period piece. A few concerns that have been raised are there is no blue threa

Exclamation Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?

Hi, all. I am not myself a kriegsmarine collector and am trying to determine whether or not this is an authentic period piece.
    A few concerns that have been raised are there is no blue thread present in the glass and the neck connection plus bolts.
    Consensus has also not been reached about the fact that this insignia lacks a chevron as usually there are chevrons (one = shipsdiver, two = torpedodiver etc). Is it possible that this could be a diver-training patch? The bottom edge of the insignia is also particularly uneven... Is it possible this patch was trimmed-down at some point for some unknown reason?
    I have tried to provide photos in both natural and unnatural/flash lighting to help the process. Any and all opinions would be greatly welcomed and appreciated so as not to pass-off a bad piece to a friend.

Thanks very much!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?   Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?  

Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?   Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?  

Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?   Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?  

Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?

This is the Ship Diver's patch, if it was the Torpedo Diver it would have only one Chevron. Cool Patch!!!

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Diver Trade/Qualification Insignia: Authentic?

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps it is a ship's diver patch but a post-war example?

-Adam