Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Flag materials

Article about: Having seen many Kriegsmarine flags on the Internet, but only having seen a few in person, I am wondering about the material used to make them. As the flags were - as I understand - made by

Default Kriegsmarine Flag materials

Having seen many Kriegsmarine flags on the Internet, but only having seen a few in person, I am wondering about the material used to make them. As the flags were - as I understand - made by many different companies of the time, are all the flags made the same way in terms of material (cotton I am assuming), or did the quality, material and weight thereof, and stitching vary between manufacturers?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Flag materials
    P
    Many

Welcome,
    I can only add a visual reference from my junk pile for you

Most all KM Kriegs Flags were made of a wool blend. This is why you will encounter them quite often full of moth holes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Welcome,
    I can only add a visual reference from my junk pile for you
    Looking at yours and noticing the semi translucent thickness of the fabric, I saw a KM flag at a convention this weekend and it seemed, upon recollection, to be a thicker weave. But perhaps light is affecting your shot? Who knows. So I am still wondering, if the production and fabric material & weight of the KM flags was up to the discretion of the individual manufacturer, or based on a standard quality to which all needed to adhere. Odd... but I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.