Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....

Article about: Ok, i have a chance of getting this, i got updated photos, and more detailed information about it , the owner of it says he has owned this since 1965, when he bought it in Hamburg. He advise

Default Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....

Ok, i have a chance of getting this, i got updated photos, and more detailed information about it , the owner of it says he has owned this since 1965, when he bought it in Hamburg.

He advised that when he got this Tunic that the breast eagle was gone, and he put one back on it many years after he bought it, and to find out that breast eagle may be an reproduction, but says the tunic he bought from the original owner/wearer of the tunic.

There are NO markings on the inside, inwhich i was told was good, as whenever a reproduction is made, they usually go over with the stampings on the inside of it.

The tunic it self has original thread loops for medals, the medals were long gone, and the owner put those on there for show.

I recently purchased some SS tunic books, but none of the books i bought cover these type of tunics.

Please let me know what you all think.

thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....   Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....  

Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....   Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....  

Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....   Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....  

Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....

Hi, Blackheart.

This is a post-war jacket with replica and post-war badges.

He might have obtained it from the original owner in 1965, for that
    is the period it looks to be from, or probably later. All the WWII badges
    etc. are replica 'ad-ons'. The buttons are post war too, IMO.

A Third Reich cloth eagle is not correct for a post war tunic, and even if
    this was a WWII Tropical Officers tunic, the eagle should be metal.

The cut of the jacket is also incorrect for the TR period if this is what
    it is supposed to be selling as....................

Regards, Steve.

He did mention that it looked like a metal breast eagle was there at one time, not the normal sewn on type, But like i said i know nothing about the Navy type tunics, all of my books are for SS tunic, and such.

And yes, he is saying the guy he got it from claimed he wore it during the Third Reich era..

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    He did mention that it looked like a metal breast eagle was there at one time, not the normal sewn on type, But like i said i know nothing about the Navy type tunics, all of my books are for SS tunic, and such.

And yes, he is saying the guy he got it from claimed he wore it during the Third Reich era..
    Hi, buy the item, not the story. To me this is post WW2, the sleeve cuffs are wrong as are the pockets etc, IMO.
    Here is a picture of my coastal arty tunic for comparison.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Khaki Tunic --- info needed....  

theodor
    ?

the tunic is an east german navy tunic it has an east german sports badge and a west german cap badge on the poket

Sorry Theo, but they are both sports badges on the pocket.

Cheers, Ade.

theodor
    ?

the reich adler badge is modern west german army beret badge and you are wrong

theodor
    ?

that is to say the gold badge is east german sports badge the silver badge is west german beret badge

theodor
    ?

east german tunics had pin back ribon bars often on the right side third reich ribon bars pined to left side that might be what seamed like were a german eagle was pined

theodor
    ?

also east german service branches used heers style shoulder boards more often

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast