Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)

Article about: Hi guys, As stated i have had a bad fall but i am now on the mend and after a month i can finnaly communicate with you guys again. This is a genuine Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket and well

Default Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)

Hi guys,
    As stated i have had a bad fall but i am now on the mend and after a month i can finnaly communicate with you guys again.
    This is a genuine Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket and well marked with Eagle and large M on the left hand side which goes under flap.It has plain buttons but they are marked with the M inside a diamond on the back like typical Marine buttons.The outside of them has had the gold removed and they were painted black for possibly cammo purposes on deck.
    It was bought from a vet family directly captured from a crew member of U616 which i am yet to google up.Anyway enjoy the pics and get back to you soon

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)   Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)  

Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)   Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)  

Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)

Hi Tom, good to hear you are up and about and feeling better. Bob let us know of your accident.

Great looking jacket: I love the provenance.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,
    Thank's mate! I am doing a lot better but can't drive around like i used to just yet.My 2 boys live seperate with my ex-wife and i can't get around to see them as much but i am home for 4 day's to email now!
    I am very happy with the jacket.It cost me $650 from a dealer over here who just got it in the same day so that was lucky.It has only the story to back up U616 but the collector he got it from bought it from a member of one of the 8 ships involved with the sinking.Found it on Google if you would like to take a look
    Tom

Tom, Firstly really good news to hear you are on the mend! Bit of a shock when Bob broke the news!

Secondly, a cracking Jacket! Good work. A good thing about U-boats is all the information available on-line! I collect documents etc from U-26 & U-46, It only takes a couple of hours to compile all the details!
    Thanks for showing this great jacket!
    Dan

Tom
    616 had a very interesting career as a sub...........here's her last reported sailing activities
    U-616 departed under Siegfried Koitschka from Toulon on 30th Apr 1944 and arrived at return on 17th May 1944 after two and a half weeks.
    Siegfried Koitschka hit two ships on this patrol and both of them were in convoy, both of them were from convoy GUS-39.

* On 14th May 1944 he damaged the British 7,127 ton Fort Fidler, sailing with convoy GUS-39.
    * On 14th May 1944 he damaged the British 10,627 ton GS Walden, a member of convoy GUS-39.

Have you got a crew name?

Hi guys,
    First of all thankyou for the kind comments Dan and yes i am back but not on here as much as i should beI do appreciate the welcome back!

Hello to John too and thank's for the input.Unfortunately i do not have a name on the Jacket.There is a chance it may have come off over the years from the vets family.I think all the survivors ended up in the water too and that may have taken care of any name.
    It is the type of Jacket worn by officers and not general crew too so thats a good thing.I do wonder who it was from and have searched every inch with no luck either.Thank's for the comments and ifno too mate

Tom

Default More on U616.

Thaks for the replys guys

Here are a couple more photos for your viewing pleasure. The first photo is the Commander of U616 at the time of sinking. His name was Oblt. Koitschka and he did survive the war with most of his crew.He was a Knights Cross winner also! The story says he was a nice warm hearted guy who became a Veternarian after the war. It was attacked by no less than 8 Destroyers and an RAF bomber before finally being crippled.

The other pic is my jacket now with the appropriate white top cap.Its a repro but much cheaper than the real thing

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)   Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)  

Default Re: Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)

Thanks for making my other thread part of the original one guys

Tom

Default Re: Kriegsmarine leather deck jacket:)

A very very nice Leather deck jacket..
    I'm on the hunt for one like that my self, congrats