MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine leather overcoat

Article about: Let's face it - leather coats suck. They're frequently faked and easy to trick people with. I'm at risk of being one of those people. This here is a leather coat. Am I being tricked? It's al

?

Default Kriegsmarine leather overcoat

Let's face it - leather coats suck. They're frequently faked and easy to trick people with. I'm at risk of being one of those people. This here is a leather coat. Am I being tricked? It's allegedly a Kriegsmarine NCO's coat, but I can't tell. Coat itself looks, okayish, but the numbers are a tad suspicious. Any clarification? And if it's real, what would one expect to pay for it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine leather overcoat
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine leather overcoat

Hi Robbie, the first thing I will say is Kriegsmarine is not really my thing.

I would say the buttons are replaced and some are missing from the other side. Most, if not all greatcoats, are double breasted.

I like the inside, dagger hanger etc.

The markings I am really unsure about. Not crazy about them.

Others will be able to tell you more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade; and I thought the same. Dagger hanger looked okay, buttons obviously replaced, but the markings look like the sort of thing someone'd put on to jack up the price of the coat.

Robbie

?

It's £200, I don't know whether to go for it. Seller states in description that coat has 'typical zig-zag pattern of WWII german coats under the collar' and that the buttons were replaced post war by a civilian who wore it. I can't work out whether it's worth it or not!

£200 can be much better spent.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Bearing in mind that its got dagger hangers , therefore supposedly relating to someone who was entitled to wear a dagger i dont know if you would expect to see some form of shoulder tab loops for rank boards or not, for £200 you could buy something with a lot more provenance to it than this, but its your choice, your money and youll need to guage what the coat looks like in person and if theres period age to it

I'm not an expert to tell you if it's good or bad, but i would pass on this one.
    Usually markings are very different than these stamps with white paint.
    Most of the times KM leather jackets have an engraved eagle with ''M'' underneath.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377