Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Article about: I friend of mine found this while cleaning out his in-laws closet. The story is that his father-in-law (US Army) found this jacket in a hotel in Marseilles during WW2. It seems to be a jacke

?

Default Kriegsmarine officer jacket

I friend of mine found this while cleaning out his in-laws closet. The story is that his father-in-law (US Army) found this jacket in a hotel in Marseilles during WW2. It seems to be a jacket belonging to a Lt. Commander. The name in the pocket says "Herrn Schnelle" dated "6-8-40". Any more information regarding this jacket and its former owner would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Navy coat.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	333678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	label.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	333679  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sleeve patch.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	333680  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Hi, the badge on it is for a high grade technical official,that`s all I know....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi, the badge on it is for a high grade technical official,that`s all I know....Pete.
    Thanks Pete.

The silver denotes that it is an administrative level jacket....the breast eagle is also missing.

?

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    The silver denotes that it is an administrative level jacket....the breast eagle is also missing.
    I agree,both administration and technical branches used silver.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

He is indeed a Technical Officer but the rank equivalent for a line officer wouldn't be Lt. Commander. This is a higher rank, equivalent to Korvettenkapitän . A Lt Commander would have one narrow sleeve ring with a wider one above and below, three equal wider rings as shown here is a Korvettenkapitän equivalent. His exact title would depend on his speciality but he is most likely a Marinebaurat or a Marinestabsingenieur.

Very nice tunic and not so easy to find. It would be well worth tracking down an original breast eagle and restoring it !

?

Quote by Redcap View Post
    He is indeed a Technical Officer but the rank equivalent for a line officer wouldn't be Lt. Commander. This is a higher rank, equivalent to Korvettenkapitän . A Lt Commander would have one narrow sleeve ring with a wider one above and below, three equal wider rings as shown here is a Korvettenkapitän equivalent. His exact title would depend on his speciality but he is most likely a Marinebaurat or a Marinestabsingenieur.

Very nice tunic and not so easy to find. It would be well worth tracking down an original breast eagle and restoring it !

Thanks, Redcap for the interesting info. I saw a similar jacket, although in worse shape, on a website for $250. Is his a reasonable value?

?

Good find and very interesting info. Thanks for sharing all.

?

It looks great. Would like to some more photos of it.

?

I would like to find a nice original breast eagle to attach to it. Any suggestions on how to attach it professionally? Should this be done by hand after close examination of an original stitching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast