Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Article about: I friend of mine found this while cleaning out his in-laws closet. The story is that his father-in-law (US Army) found this jacket in a hotel in Marseilles during WW2. It seems to be a jacke

?

Default Kriegsmarine officer jacket

I friend of mine found this while cleaning out his in-laws closet. The story is that his father-in-law (US Army) found this jacket in a hotel in Marseilles during WW2. It seems to be a jacket belonging to a Lt. Commander. The name in the pocket says "Herrn Schnelle" dated "6-8-40". Any more information regarding this jacket and its former owner would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine officer jacket   Kriegsmarine officer jacket  

Kriegsmarine officer jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine officer jacket
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Hi, the badge on it is for a high grade technical official,that`s all I know....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi, the badge on it is for a high grade technical official,that`s all I know....Pete.
    Thanks Pete.

The silver denotes that it is an administrative level jacket....the breast eagle is also missing.

?

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    The silver denotes that it is an administrative level jacket....the breast eagle is also missing.
    I agree,both administration and technical branches used silver.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

He is indeed a Technical Officer but the rank equivalent for a line officer wouldn't be Lt. Commander. This is a higher rank, equivalent to Korvettenkapitän . A Lt Commander would have one narrow sleeve ring with a wider one above and below, three equal wider rings as shown here is a Korvettenkapitän equivalent. His exact title would depend on his speciality but he is most likely a Marinebaurat or a Marinestabsingenieur.

Very nice tunic and not so easy to find. It would be well worth tracking down an original breast eagle and restoring it !

?

Quote by Redcap View Post
    He is indeed a Technical Officer but the rank equivalent for a line officer wouldn't be Lt. Commander. This is a higher rank, equivalent to Korvettenkapitän . A Lt Commander would have one narrow sleeve ring with a wider one above and below, three equal wider rings as shown here is a Korvettenkapitän equivalent. His exact title would depend on his speciality but he is most likely a Marinebaurat or a Marinestabsingenieur.

Very nice tunic and not so easy to find. It would be well worth tracking down an original breast eagle and restoring it !

Thanks, Redcap for the interesting info. I saw a similar jacket, although in worse shape, on a website for $250. Is his a reasonable value?

?

Good find and very interesting info. Thanks for sharing all.

?

It looks great. Would like to some more photos of it.

?

I would like to find a nice original breast eagle to attach to it. Any suggestions on how to attach it professionally? Should this be done by hand after close examination of an original stitching?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast