Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Reference Books Question - Opinions?

Article about: The other day, a few of us got into a rather lengthy debate as to which reference book is considered the best one as far as Kriegsmarine goes. Obviously, there are more than a few to pick fr

Default Kriegsmarine Reference Books Question - Opinions?

The other day, a few of us got into a rather lengthy debate as to which reference book is considered the best one as far as Kriegsmarine goes. Obviously, there are more than a few to pick from, so I thought it might be interesting to put it up as a public question and see what everyone prefers. As far as "reference book", what was being debated was uniforms, hats, helmets, badges and insignia, so, obviously, it should be a fairly all encompassing but detailed and accurate book(s)!
    I know that there are some that consider the old John Angolia books (The Kriegsmarine:Uniforms and Traditions v1-3) to be the classics and then there are those that seem to lean towards the Pat Moran and Jon Maguire books for hats and headgear (German Headgear in World War II) and then there's Gordon Williamson's big book on badges (War Badges of the Kriegsmarine) etc etc and on and on and on.
    So, there you have it! What do You guys think? If you're looking at KM, what's The essential references to have? Hopefully, this should be interesting!

William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Reference Books Question - Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Reference Books Question - Opinions?

Hi William, I dont collect KM but I like to study it. These are my sources of reference.

I have to say Chris Ailsby's book has always been useful

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Reference Books Question - Opinions?  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem