Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge

Article about: Hello All, Here is my latest acquisiton I am quite pleased to add this one to my ever growing Kriegsmarine collection. The only other examples I have seen are the ones attached to an officer

Default Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge

Hello All,
    Here is my latest acquisiton
    I am quite pleased to add this one to my ever growing Kriegsmarine collection.
    The only other examples I have seen are the ones attached to an officers M43 and appears to be bullion wire and one attached to an overseas cap here on the photographs forum
    Küstenartillerie Starfish BadgeKüstenartillerie Starfish Badge

All the best
    Doug

The badge was worn by the following unit:
    Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 204

Formed 5.40 in Ostende with 6 companies, increased to 8 companies in late 1940 (two from Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 240). From late 1942 only had 5 batteries, and in 9.43 gave up its 1st and 5th batteries to Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 203. In 1944 consisted of 2. - 4./MAA204, Batterie Malo Terminus and Batterie St. Pol. Disbanded 10.44, after heavy losses.

Subordinated to Seekdt. Flandern, and from 1941 Seekdt Pas-de-Calais

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge

Hi Doug, very nice example of the Zeester.

An extant one can be seen on an einheitsfeldmutze in Wim Saris' book "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" Vol 1 on page 220.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice Doug, first one I have seen close up

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Ade, it was neatly removed by the Vet...It did come with a lot of KM related items but nothing to write home about.
    In the book you mention as a reference is it this actual badge or is it one of this type:

Both these seem to be a cropped badge

Thanks Nick; I was pleased when this one came along
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge 

Hi Doug, the one in the book is the same as yours.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,
    A picture of the picture would be good as long as it is not infringing any copyright
    All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug, Wilhelm Saris, the author is a valued member of this forum. Please drop him a line and ask his permission. He is is OK with it, I will post it.

Cheers, Ade.

Posting the scan from Wim's book with his kind permission. Thanks Wim!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Küstenartillerie Starfish Badge  

Very nice badge and rarely seen.

Some of the defences at Ijmuiden can be seen here.

Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ade, that is a great picture and does indeed show the very badge.
    I am pleased to have seen it.
    Many thanks also to Wilhelm for giving his permission to post the pictures here.
    All the best
    Doug