Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements

Article about: Took a hint from from JPhillip in my last post and "put the pistol holster on the other side of the belt" ;-) Which I had originally wondered if I should, but then a Foogle (few Go

Default Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements

Took a hint from from JPhillip in my last post and "put the pistol holster on the other side of the belt" ;-) Which I had originally wondered if I should, but then a Foogle (few Google?) images popped up on a search that showed them on the right side, US style, so I went with that...

Dressed up the "H44" Artillerie Hauptman tunic (recently posted a thread with detailed pics on this one) with a few things which I'm lucky to already have because most of my collecting interest is from this period. This should read like an page from a fashion mag, except without the silly prices, like $5000 for a purse...

"He's wearing" a beautiful felted wool tunic (marked H44 inside, unknown maker?) in stunning condition with all original insignia present, a rather difficult to find late war belt without the leather tab (distinct double rows of adjusting holes, I've always liked the look of this belt, to me it is the classic WWII German officer's belt) with an apparently somewhat rare B&N43 marked buckle (Berge & Nolte, thx to Ben's work on this site for the positive ID) with much original paint remaining and great patina, a jkh 4 (1944, Carl Busse, Mainz) pebbled holster housing a very fine 1944 production Browning Hi Power "Pistole 640(b)" and spare magazine, a lovely pair of combat worn ddx KF (Voigtlander, cold weather lubrication) 6x30 Dienstglas with gorgeous original bakelite case (best looking bakelite case I've ever had for a pair of these), the neckstrap is very well marked, coded and dated 1942, all topped off by a single decal M1940 pattern ckl64 (Eisenhüttenwerke, Thale) stalhelm with a great combat worn look.

Other accessories include a "Feldflasche" canteen stamped HRE43, clk marked marching Kompass A (F W Breithaupt & Sohne Fabrik Geogatisher Instrumente, Kassel, 1944 on) with original lanyard, Pertrix No. 667 flashlight, Helios wristwatch and Heer pattern boot knife with very nice patina.

I tried for the best possible lighting, the light is changing a lot from minute to minute on days like this, best pics from from around noon, no more bright morning light through the window. Colors are fairly right on with decent contrast. Overall very pleased with the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements   Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements  

Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements   Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements  

Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements   Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements  

Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements  
    Last edited by Larboard; 09-01-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Technical detail

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Learning to dress correctly... Late war Artillerie Hauptman & accoutrements
    P
    Many

Larboard,

Your extra effort shows well with these wonderful images! Good job!
    Also, very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

Mart

?

Great collection of accessories to go with that Tunic. Very good photographs and just because I'm a firearm lover. That Browning/holster combo is a beauty!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thx Guys, and yeah... that Pistole 640b is really something else. Weird thing is, it's the thing that kickstarted me collecting. Saw it in the paper, long time ago, met up with the guy, his dad or uncle had brought it back but he had bills to pay and no job, I gave it a good home, and it sort of took off from there.

Nice items! timothy

a dummy next.

Yes, a couple display dummys would be nice, except for the light and dust... and my wife doesn't share the passion, that would be an understatement. Understands, but doesn't want to look at it maybe? At any rate, because I'm fanatical about these relics retaining all of their vintage smell, I keep everything covered up with a shelter half all the time, and occasionally look at something under there.