Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?

Article about: Happy new year to you all! I'm looking at getting my first tunic and after getting yet another book (JPhillip's Felbluse ) I'm slowly becoming a little more confident. I've seen this and I'm

Default Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?

Happy new year to you all!

I'm looking at getting my first tunic and after getting yet another book (JPhillip's Felbluse ) I'm slowly becoming a little more confident.

I've seen this and I'm very interested, checking on the available photos I've got, I think it looks OK, but I'm not that confident to give it the 100%, so please any opinions are welcome.

Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?

I've requested further and better photos, so will post these when I get them.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?
    P
    Many

Hello Paul,

When getting some more picture have the guy take them in natural light if he can with some whole shots of the tunic front and back and then some specific shots of under the collar, cuff openings shoulder board buttons and bridles,buttons and buttonholes and where the insignia was.

Fred

OK thanks Fred - I'll see if I can get more.

Eventually got some more photo's hopefully these will be enough to confirm?

Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?Lightweight / Tropical Tunic - Authentic?

Not a tropical but drill jacket, perhaps this
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks lebus, any opinion on authenticity?

no, I don't see the place for hooks....this kind of jacket is easy to find WITH insignias. Here, they are missing and they are hard to sew.

For me, you must wait for a complete jacket.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello Paul,

The new pictures help a lot. I personally do not care for this tunic. In the first set of pictures it appears that there is some staining inside and out but in a random pattern and not like it got stained during use. It also shows serious wear in the collar area and the waer on the rest of the tunic doesn't compare. The cuffs should be as worn as the collar. I do not like the light colored thread used in the sewing nor the button holes. I personally would wait for a different tunic. IMHO.

Fred

Thanks Fred - still so much to learn!

I'll keep on looking then!!

Thanks for all replies and opinions.