Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...

Article about: Hi all. I'm looking to purchase this tunic and would like a few opinions on it before I pull the trigger. It looks like a good one to me, with hand sewn insignia and some moth nips, but othe

?

Default Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...

Hi all.

I'm looking to purchase this tunic and would like a few opinions on it before I pull the trigger. It looks like a good one to me, with hand sewn insignia and some moth nips, but otherwise in nice condition overall.

Thoughts?

Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for opinions on this Luftwaffe tunic...
    P
    Many

Looks ok , but looks to me like the eagle has been sewn back on at a later date

I agree with Kradman.

?

Is it possible the eagle was period reapplied, or even applied by the soldier like the chevron appears to have been? I've seen some fairly crude stitching jobs, even with breast eagles, so I'm curious if they were sometimes applied by the soldier.

?

Any thoughts regarding my previous question?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Is it possible the eagle was period reapplied, or even applied by the soldier like the chevron appears to have been? I've seen some fairly crude stitching jobs, even with breast eagles, so I'm curious if they were sometimes applied by the soldier.
    In my limited experience I don't see how you could ever truly be sure, especially if its been sewn on with the correct thread, you'd never really be sure, I would always treat it as reapplied at a later date?
    "Per Ardua"

Any size or manufacturing markings on the interior pocket? NH

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Any thoughts regarding my previous question?
    When you add the human factor to an article, anything is possible. In the mid 1960's, a large number of these were found in Holland unissued. They had a machine sewn breast eagles and blank collar tabs. You could order them by size and branch of service color. The only color not available was white for HG troops.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello,

It appears to me to be a used standard Luft tunic with replaced breast eagle and sleeve chevron. Replaced as in not factory issued sewing. When was it replaced, we will never know but most likely post war. After the war the swastika was supposed to be removed from everything. A lot of tunics had their eagles removed and stuck back into the closet. Could it have been done by the soldier? Sure. The sewing job on this piece wouldn't have lasted very long under any use or wear. This is a simple whip stich just to hold it on. This was done by a total amateur. In my opinion post war applied.

Fred